Click here if you are having website access problems ×

supersoft 215 Kumhos

Paul Gibb

*wavey*Anyone have a pair of unused medium compound 215 Kumhos that they would be prepared to swap for an unused pair in supersoft (K11) or sell on to me. (The meds are temporarily unavailable from Kumho 😔 and I need a set next weekend).

Best wishes and good luck to you all *thumbup*>

L7 FUN

Well it looks as though med (K60) 215's are temporarily unavailable ☹️. Now thinking of running soft (K21) front and med rear but does anyone have any experience of running more than a couple of laps with soft fronts??

L7 FUN

Sorry Paul I meant to reply. I do not have any tyres to help ☹️

I would guess from the way the tyres work that they may well work well on the front (hopefully not go off) but wear rates will be *eek* My only real experience of over heating was at Llandow last year when on a re run the rears most definitely felt a bit squiggly at the end of the second lap. I was going rather quick though so it could have been that 😬

Fronts seemed OK for grip at that time. I do chase Mel (the lazy sod *wavey*) every time I see him. I tell him his main customer should be treated better *rolleyes* But he just likes chatting to Mrs Gibb - you know what he is like *nono*

He'll read this latter and then ring me to give me some abuse *wink*

Mel you won't get me tomorrow I'm working out of phone signal 😬 😬 😬 😬

Sorry Paul

Hi Simon *wavey*,

My car felt very loose at the back on softs after two laps of Goodwood last year (before I was sent home for noise 😔) but the front was still ok *thumbup*. Unfortunately I wasn't going fast enough anywhere else to experience the same problem 😳.

I will give the soft fronts a go on Saturday & hope that they work over 15 lap stints *smile*.

You know I would never here a bad word said against Mel 🥰. He has a high profile at Lydden 😬. Kumho flags everywhere & cars with his stickers on the back appeared the weekend before last *rolleyes* The City Link delivery man has dropped so many of Mels packages off with Mrs G 😳 that they are now on first name terms.

L7 FUN