Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Gazebo/easi-up recommendations?

Drumster

....so having got drenched at Curborough and sunburnt at MIRA I'm considering investing in some sort of awning.

Since I've seen quite a few in the paddock do any of you have any advice/experiences on what or not to buy? I don't need the biggest and/or best just something reasonably sturdy.....

Chris Alston

C7CAT 1800 Supersprint

R248 *tongue* ....and then I jumped in *eek*

Chris

I previously had a Swift Shade however, after witnessing around 10 similar standard car shelters get destroyed at a wet & windy Aintree I upgraded to an Ezeup. This included a club member who ended up with a dent in their bonnet when their car shelter collapsed ☹️.

It is also comforting to know when your lining up for a run that your Ezeup is going to be exactly where you left it and not halfway across the paddock or in the next field *eek*

Mark D

Comp Sec *cool*

Chris

After getting burnt at Loton and drenched at Aintree last year we invested in an Ezeup - it has been a great investment and seems to stand up to quite breezy weather. We use our spare tyres to hold it down, saves the cost of the bespoke weights *thumbup*

If only everything in life was as simple as a 7!!

Ez-up have a 'garage' sized one that Mark, Simon, myself and several others have, it's designed to cover a car and frame is Black rather than the standard White so doesn't show the dirty paw prints.

As others have said either buy a cheap one and replace regularly when it falls apart or spend what seems like far too much on the real thing and never give it a second thought thereafter.

Adrian

Chris, mine came from these guys:

Read Resources Ltd

Tel: 01494 718800

Unit 6, Penn Street Works, Penn Street, Amersham, Buckinghamshire HP7 0PX

I bought it 4.5 years ago and it was £350 plus vat but less a bit of discount, the invoice doesn't tell me how heavy it is but I'm sure they could tell you.

Adrian