Click here if you are having website access problems ×

S4 Restoration project anyone?

Cheeseboard

It does have a very desirable item, that being the magnesium minilite wheels, of course these could be sold to help counter the cost...

Surely magnesium after that amount of time will be next to useless. Are they actually magnesium?

'Have you any idea what it's like to have the wind rushing through your hair!' (Quote:Sq Cdr the Lord Flashheart)

Minilites ain't standard on an S4 so you'll need to sell 'em and buy the correct wheels.

Steering wheel is wrong, and you can't buy one of them anymore.

Dash ain't standard.

It's a a bitsa. better to buy a complete original car. at £6.5K this is overpriced, no the seller's havin' a laugh.

Finally an S4 is a barsteward to rebuild so you've been warned

Driver side front wing is knackered & short of around 1/2 foot, none of them available either.

Wiring is spaghetti.

Can't put my finger on it, but there's something wrong with that xflow. Did the S4 have the oil filler to the front? No twin carbs on the std 1600 either, was a single Weber 32DFM.

Close to scrap I'd say; around 1500?

Alex McDonald

Loud, louder, loudest...

Seller selling it 'on behalf of a friend' is a dealer who used to own an Indie Lotus garage in Salisbury. Hence the silly price

I used to work in Salisbury and all locals wouldn't dream of using that particular Garage, so his rep ain't up to much either. Definitely best to avoid this car, unless you can get it from the owner at the pre-dealer price ~ £1500 as mentioned by AlexT