Click here if you are having website access problems ×

the suspense ....

Offspring

• Area Representative
But class 1 was comfortably taken by the Willoughbys! Great day and I finally got it together on my last run. If only there time for one more...

It was a great day, weather wise and organisationally, very smooth.

Andrew W took class 1 by about half a second with 57 (point 6?) and then I recall about 6 of us were on 58. somethings, I believe Ian had the fastest speed trap time for class 1 of 103 mph 😳 . Ian , do you still want my engine examined by a technical scrutineer *tongue*

Darren , well done on your win, truly inspiring watching how much speed you carry through the control tower complex 😶‍🌫️ Did you get out ok? You followed me out and through the tunnel and then I didn't see you, having horrible thoughts that you had got stuck.

See you all at Curborough where hopefully we'll all need the sunscreen this time, now where is the aftersun lotion *redface*

Neil

Thanks to Rob Margel for the double drive in his Caterham Busa, Class 5 was pretty close as everyone seemed to be having problems putting together that mystical "perfect run" with various gear change, spin and enthusiastic corner entry speed problems. However in the end Adrian managed to sort it all out and put in a lap just under 1 second ahead of 2nd place.

See you at Pembrey, fingers cross the Duratec will be back 😬

Rob G

www.SpeedySeven.com

Congrats to Adrian.

Gear change woes continue and typical it seems to be intermittent electrical gremlin.

After the last run on the return through the paddock it shifted up and down fine. Got it out of the trailer this am and not working. Unplugged the paddles and reconnected - works fine. So went out for a road trip and it was on off for a while and then settled down to work fine. Was on my way up and over Epynt - what a view and not a cloud!

Pulled over at Police road block and thought here we go! But they thought I was on my way to a RAVE that was being held up there. They suggested I may like to go another way. So back down I went and the paddles stop working again. Unplugged and replugged a few times ☹️

Then after I got out of the car at home tried again and their working. Dodgy connection somewhere me thinks.

Hey ho! But god I hate loosing *mad* I do like the pressure though. Isn't it weird .

Flymo yes made out fine via the tunnel, just stopped to find my mobile ear piece *thumbup* *thumbup*

Pleased that despite loosing two of the practice runs to gearbox issues (sorted out for the timed runs with a clutch adjustment) & despite giving away 30% in engine capacity & running in full road spec except for slicks, I was able to just beat the quickest (rocket ship) Westie on the day *smokin*