Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Connector for the inertia switch

Z3MCJez

Does anyone know where I can buy a duplicate connector for the inertia switch?

I've decided that I don't want to move the switch inside the car, but for racing, I don't want to run the risk of it cutting out.

What I want to do, is have an alternative connector, which I will simply loop a wire around, to effectively short the inertia switch. But I can't find where to get it from ...

Thanks in advance,

Jez

Build Photos

Disconnect it! No use for racing, far more dangerous when it trips over kerbs than the fire risk. Rely on your plumbed in fire ex. for a fire.

Having been in a race and have it trip with 20 cars right behind me, even though I could turn it back on, the sudden pause, when people werent expecting it behind, caused chaos.

I'm going to disconnect it (effectively) by using the replacement connector to short-circuit it. (There will be a short wire loop around the back of the connector)

I use my car (a little) on the road too, and I'd like to keep the protection in case of a proper shunt on the road. I've already bought in to the additional risk of having it cut off with 20 cars around me, but don't want to simply cut it out.

I could tie wrap, I guess, but would that really stop it cutting out?

Jez

Build Photos