Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Lovely spec.1995 Super 7 x/flow 1630cc, Bargain to be had as of now

kenny.

Due to purchase of another 7 the above is now sadly (for me) up for sale after its winter makeover[:(

The car is a little cracker and was owned by a club member from the day it was born until 18 months ago. I bought it from its second owner (who never used it) needing a cosmetic/more modern 7 look makeover and a few goodies adding. The chassis was great, the engine superb and I thought I'd keep the car forever to be honest it was so straight, honest and clean.......it had been pampered by Redline all of its life and has with it every MOT since 1995 along with receipts for virtually every penny spent on it, including original purchase invoices from Caterham Cars.

The cars main highlight for me is its handling. I've had SLR, HPC, other x/flows etc but this one is just by far the best I've owned..........awsomely planted,its engine's a hoot too to be honest!!!

Anyway here is hopefully a decent run through of its spec.

Body

Polished aluminium body with brand new front black cycle wings,I've just had rear wings and nosecone proffessionaly painted in black 2 pack along with wheel centres to match.

Car looks brilliant and only marks are a few tiny stone dings to shiny ali on bonnet and one or two on side panels............only mentioning them to be totally honest with description, if it were a problem I'd have sorted them.

CHASSIS

Not much to say here, nice, clean and true LA chassis which I needed to do nothing to apart from rub clean with a cloth..............very tidy indeed for year.

ENGINE

Nice tight 1630 x/flow built on a formula ford 711m block with balanced crank and rods.

Lightened flywheel

Very big valve head

234 Kent cam

James Whiting big wing h/c alloy fabricated sump

High pressure/h/c oil pump.

Twin Webber 45's

Heavy duty clutch

Aldon electronic ignition/Dizzy

4 speed sport box close ratios

The engine runs at over 4 bar oil pressure all the time and ticks over at 2.5 to 3 bar.

I changed all its water senders to the correct Caterham units and temp stays at 85 tops, fan has an overide and will cut in at 84 though seldom if ever does.

The engine was specced to me as 150bhp but always being a doubter I'll make no claims here other than say it does have more power than a 135 specced Supersprint and does indeed pull like a train, very quick little thing to be honest.....it's one of those cars that feels bomb proof.

OTHER FEATURES

Full weather gear included with the modern elbow space/flap side screens.

Leather adjustable seats

Quick release 4 point Caterham harnesses

Performance Superlights with Yoko A021's

22% Caterham branded quick rack

Fully adjustable suspension

Tunnel carpet included in sale although not fitted

Car has just been taxed and has MOT 'till August which is a formality (I'll do it if you want)

Being on A Q it's fantastic how it just sales through in 15 minutes with no probes being stuck up its exhaust.........easy!!!

Probably there's more I've forgotton to list.

This is a proper, genuine and high specced little starter 7 for the money and will make someone very happy.

Price £8495

Anyway I promised Barry I'd put the car on here first before I stick it on pistonheads with links to the car in our very own for sale section.

Feel free to call me with any questions or points you need clearing up and if you are offering me a p/x make sure it's a cheapy as I'm skint *cool*

Also I will not be doing test drives if it's raining as I'm NOT polishing the Ali again 😬

Pics of carhere

All comments more than welcome be they good or bad.

Thanks lads

Tel. 07748 632389

Kenny

HPC 218 Evo

Edited by - kenny. on 19 May 2009 17:34:14

Edited by - kenny. on 10 Jun 2009 13:45:05

Kenny,

The car is an absolute credit to you.

How long does it take to get the body to look like that?

Edited to exclude the question about bhp as you've answered it!!

Edited by - RoyH on 19 May 2009 12:40:52

Thanks very much Roy for that. To be honest with you the last 2 previous 7's I had were both new from the factory in bare ali but were a total PITA to clean as they were "brushed ali", you had to go with the grain or polishing marks looked horrendous.

This one was already smooth and polished and is far easier to go over with a cloth as the swirls you inevitably create don't clash with the brushed lines, you can just buff it up like a mirror.

Looks great when done but it needs a wipe over every month or so to keep the sheen......I've gone for paint on the new car 😬

Thanks again

Kenny

HPC 218 Evo

Thanks for that lad, how are you keeping anyway?.......hope to have a chat with you soon.

If you weren't 6 foot 10" I'd be taking exception to your scouse remark though 😬

Kenny

HPC 218 Evo

What a little cracker! *thumbup*

I've mailed a link to a pal in Ruthin. Don't know if he's ready to buy, but I know he's been hankering after one for a while.

By the way Kenny, you have to use a 3m scotch type pad to get rid of the brushed ally finish, then they buff up nicely. *wink*

Good luck with the sale. Someone will be very lucky. *thumbup*

Cheers Mick, appreciated *thumbup*...I'd never heard of the 3M thing before, wonder how long that takes to do?

Tell your mate he's welcome to a blat even if he's not in the market at present.

Anyway, enjoy all that lovely Spanish blatting sun you lucky b*gger, can't wait for our next stay there.

All the best,

Kenny

Kenny

HPC 218 Evo

Cheers Kenny. Unfourtunately I don't have a seven to blat in at the moment.

My chassis is with a guy in U.K. having the nosecone, rear wings, and CSR front wings made in ally.

He showed me the 3m thing. He literaly gave the corner of the bonnet a quick rub with the scotch pad, followed by some Brasso, and it came up easy. (He also used the pad to clean his mug when offereing me a cup of tea! *eek* 😬 )

I've bought some Nuvite to use when I get it back. They use it on American Airlines aircraft. Also an Orbitec duel headed orbital polisher. I got that from an aircraft cleaning products supplier in Belgium.

If you're interested in any of the products, BM me. But I see you've gone for paint on the new one. *rolleyes*

I can't see your car being around for long though. *wink*

• 3 weeks later...

After a full 7 days on Pistonheadshere I've used half a tank of juice on full blooded test runs, have been told on numerous occasions "it's just what I'm after", have said "yes I will take an offer" yet nobody has put their hand in their pocket.

The car is as nice and as genuine as the advert suggests so I'm baffled in all honesty, I'd understand more if someone had have said it was over described or crap *confused*. I do have one offer from abroad and will go this route if I have to but I am worried about this route.

So for the last time on here if anybody wants a nice ,cheap genuine car then make me an offer you never know.........it has to go before insurance is up on the 19th, I#ll even take a banger in p/x which I'd use for a grubby job I've got coming up shortly.

Times must be bad though I just never believed it 😔

Cheers

Kenny

HPC 218 Evo

Cheers Mick. *thumbup* nice one.

Just one silly example (sorry for any embarrasment caused 😳) but one bloke turns up, very nice guy, and tells me he's a club member and has owned 3 previous 7's.

Loves the x/flow he says, takes him out in it, he wrings its neck and comes back singing its praises.

He then says he's after something with more power though really *confused*, even though for a x/flow this car is fast with a captal F.

He points at my recently bought HPC with all its pretty bits on show and tells me "Now I'd buy that if it were for sale"

I said "it is if you want it" and he went the colour of boiled sh1te *rolleyes*

Maybe it's me but behaviour like that is alien in my makeup, if I go to see a 7 or any car and its "as described" I'm like a dog with 2 dicks pleading to buy it 😔

Ahhhh well *smokin*

Kenny

HPC 218 Evo

Edited by - kenny. on 10 Jun 2009 15:39:55

Kenny,

It's weird. The car looks exceptional.

Did the guy have fully comp cover?

I wouldnt let anyone drive my car unless they were insured fully comp, and if someone wanted to ring it's neck he would be welcome to do so, after he'd bought and paid for it in full.

Turbo Saxo with CF cupholders

• Area Representative

Hi Kenny,

I can't beleive you haven't sold this car yet ☹️

I have bought (and sold!) a few sevens now and I don't know why I bother to go and have a look at them now. I might as well buy over the phone and go and collect. Excepting the blackbird that I drove just in case it was a lot different to my last BEC, I don't event think I have heard the last few start.

If the car is exactly as described and they know the price before they go, what's the problem? Maybe you need to advertise it at your lowest price no offers, must go this weekend etc.

Good luck with it.

Nick

Back in a BEC! - But trying to get into Class 1...

Cheers lads, It's got to be the weather or the recession as I 'm stumped for any other answers.

Last 7 I advertised on here was for 25k and it sold for that on the first day, so I assumed this little fella would fly out.

Being honest to myself though it's the bigger money cars that are moving at present it seems like Roys (what a cracker)and maybe smokey old x/flows are old news 😬

Bollox to it anyway *cool*

Nick, what's this new BEC you have,gotta be a few unobtanium bits on it knowing you *wink*? I wanted that Exige of yours in a big way but had to refrain from wasting your time on that occasion *wavey*

Kenny

HPC 218 Evo

• Area Representative

Hi Kenny,

i have bought Blackbird No.2 from Mike Griffiths - lots of nice carbon bits on it. Loads of fun but put aside for a little while whilst I settle into this sprinting lark with my Sigma car 😬 Thus saying that, I am taking the BB out on its trailer to the Stelvio next week *smokin*

Exige was superb but time for a change. Maybe some a little germanic number next!

Nick

Back in a BEC! - But trying to get into Class 1...

Perhaps with the HPC sitting in background and owned it for a short time - you have 'DEALER' written on your forehead, and we all know how much we can trust them *redface*

Just read the full post - you are a dealer 😳