Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Curborough - The Race for the Golden Trowel...time to confess

Mark Durrant

Well good to see the determination shown by competitors yesterday to secure an early lead in the race for the Golden Trowel, especially as the current holder was on his best behavour whilst driving Robin Brackett's Superlight.

There were a total of 25 grassy momemnts and whilst I have some details I do not have them all. So please either confess here, stitch up a rival or if you want to do this anonymously drop me a Blatmail 😬

• Area Representative

4 🤔 *mad*

I'll have you know, it was only 3 (and I have video evidence - but I'm not posting it anywhere )

(I decided that I would not do a 3rd timed run - I'd already been on the grass enough for one day 😬 😬 😬)

Errmm I wound up on the green stuff immediately after the third bollard at the start *redface* *redface* "I weren't doin' owt wrong guv . . honest!!!"

Edited for boxing glove syndrome on the keyboard!!

Edited by - AndyBram on 18 May 2009 12:34:33

must confess, i had a little off....in my defense Richard P gave me the entry line to molehill on the walkaround 😬 😬 😬!!! (it was raining heavy though, and it was only my second run as a novice in the championship)

Slippery when wet...

For the avoidance of any doubt, this 'pink lady' confirms that at no time did her car or part of the car touch the grass or blade thereof, during any run or practice run at Curborough and therefore no trowel, golden or otherwise will be accepted. Babs was it you sweetie?

Me Sir, no Sir - I know I had a little spin followed by a 3 point turn to get the car facing the right direction to carry on with my lap, but I do not believe that I left the black stuff and HWMBO informs me that there was no grass on the car. So you can't possibly be thinking of me, Sir. Can I go now, please? *biggrin*

OK so far we have:

Richard Price x 3

Adrian 'Barbie' Williams x 1

Martin Sargeant x 2

Mike Sankey x 1

Andy Bramall x 1

Pete Foster x 1

So that is only 9 out of 25 accounted for 😔

So a little investigation and a quick look at the timesheets suggest the following might like to confess:

Andrew Jenkins

Judith Hickey

Martyn Mills

Michael Calvert

David Jeggo

Stephen Gatward

David Nelson

Therefore, unless I hear to the contrary by 17:00hrs today all the above will be awarded a yellow trowel *tongue* 😬

Mark D

Comp Sec *cool*

Please sir,

It was only two wheels on the grass - honest *wink* *wink* At least I now know what happens when you change down from fourth to third half way round a corner *redface*

*wavey*

If only everything in life was as simple as a 7!!