Click here if you are having website access problems ×

RIP Shed

RoyH

As every problem nowadays can be solved with a tax, I think an entrance tax should suffice. I would be very fair and even handed about it, very short people would be the third highest shed taxpayers (they deserve to be treated like that as they are in a small minority *tongue*), people with beards and clams would be the second highest shed taxpayers (it's only decent to tax these things as they are hideous to look at) and finally the top rate tax would be reserved for anyone who is Welsh and shags sheep - nuff said I think 😶‍🌫️

Of course handsome, intelligent English people like me are tax exempt 'cos you all need us to make things work *wink*

Dicks

😬

The english who shag sheep should be hung, drawn, shot and minced for taking the job away from the Welsh.

It's because of people like you the Welsh always burn holiday cottages.

Taffybach boyo

Surely a tandem is for two people?

For three it would be a trandem???? *wink*

What is the name of the Goodies bike?

The Goodies three-seater bike is called the trandem (a traditional two-seater bike is a tandem).

In the episode The Goodies and the Beanstalk Graeme announces they must sell their most valuable possession, the trandem; Bill protests about selling "Buttercup". This joke refers to the selling of the family cow from Jack & the Beanstalk; it is the only instance of the bike being called by this name by the Goodies.

There were actually three versions of the bike: a modified two-seater used in the first series of The Goodies, a red three-seater used for the remainder of their BBC run (series 2-8), and a blue three-seater used for the LWT episodes (series 9).

Only dead fish go with the flow....!

In that case this one would be more interesting still...

The Goodies' bike was called the trandem*, I suppose I should have looked that up before getting pedantic... *redface*

* Etymologically-speaking... tandem comes from a Latin word meaning "lengthwise" and the word does not imply "two". Originally applied to draught animals it could mean any number of animals hitched together line astern to pull a load. The made-up word "trandem" is however a good deal snappier *thumbup* than "three-seater tandem".

(edit, edit, edit... pesky fingers not obeying orders *mad*)

*arrowdown*

*wink* nothing...

*arrowup*

Edited by - MisterToad on 25 May 2009 16:47:50