Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

Diffusers

myothercarsa2cv

So very kind chap at the garage said he's happy to let me borrow his ali folder/guillotine and nibblers *thumbup*

So I'm going to make me an undertray. It may even end up looking like a diffuser. Any pointers? I've seen 7 degrees bandied around as the optimal angle, so I guess I'll go for that. Do you think 1mm is thick enough? Too thick?

I think I'm also going to make one for the front half of the engine bay, just a short one to go behind the nose cone. I'd love to be able to make a front wing like this, but I am going to stick with the flat bits to start with!

John

Bugsy: '82 2cv6 (Back on the road!!! 😬)

Talloulah: '08 1.6K Classic (Grubby )

Double diffuser is definately on the cards! Jenson and I have been comparing designs... *tongue*

Ric, wouldn't 2-3mm be excessively chunky? Looking at 1mm the other day, once folded it seemed pretty rigid. I made a miniature mock up in card, looks the business 😬

jchasey, definately thinking about a splitter of some sort, but can't go too low - still have to go over bumps!

John

Perhaps it generated 100g of lift too... 😬 Thick it is then. Didn't know ali could crack... Now that is a worry. How do they get away with it in glass fibre, or carbon fibre? Surely ali would hold together better?

John

think its vibrations that crack ali, once it has been bent it doesnt like bending again and cracks easily. i made an airbox and backplate to hold it out of ali and both cracked due to vibes. now replaced with glass fibre.

Kevin R

black(but sometimes orange)-ali HPC

here