Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Race Suit

Dutchy

Steve, I bought a suit a couple of years back as I had planned to do the Club Sprint Championship but it never worked out for me. So suit has only been worn for a couple of trackdays.

The suit is FIA approved and still valid for a couple more years. It's 3 layer Nomex by AWS (British Co.). I'm about the same height as you and at the time a 34/36 waist and suit fitted very comfortably with a little room to spare. The colour is a dark navy blue with yellow piping and quilted stitching.

If you are interested blatmail me I'll send some pics by return over the weekend. I'll also have a think about what I think it is worth but give me an idea of what you are looking to pay for a suit in very good condition.

I was going to wait to pass on suit until I'd managed to sell my car in case I ended up keeping it and doing further trackdays.

• Area Representative

Steve,

I'd also recommend the EBAY route. I've bought and sold a few over the last few years.

Don't be temped to buy a proban treated cotton suit. Whilst they are acceptable this year, its very likely that they will not be allowed for speed events next year.

Make sure that it comples with either FIA 1986 , or the newer 8856-2000 standard.

Tom,

A Sparco size 60 suit would be a bit big on you! I wear a size 58, but could get away with a size 56 since loosing a little weight.

Edited by - Richard Price on 15 May 2009 20:53:36