Click here if you are having website access problems ×

A few ideas

thesheep

I quite like this forum. Even though it's very basic and old-style, it is light-weight and works. Yellow colour can be a little over-bearing maybe but hey...

A couple of features that usually come as standard with forum software might be useful -

(1) The ability to list all your posts. Would be good to have a list of all the posts I started, and maybe the last 10 or so I commented on, on my 'profile page'.

(2) Stay logged in. It is a bit clumsy to have to keep entering my name/password every time I post. Once I'm logged in, I should stay logged in and not have to authenticate again.

(3) Poster's name on the left hand side of a comment looks like a link but it doesn't link anywhere. Should link to their profile perhaps?

I imagine you may be a bit constrained by this old ASP script. At some point you may want to consider switching to something like PHPBB which will give you the benefit of increased development over the past years - http://www.phpbb.com/ and I think it doesn't have to be heavy or complicated or difficult to use.

But anyway, basically I like this forum.

--------------------------------------------------------

Caterham7Junkie.com

To get rid of the yellow colour, click the 'in the office?' link at the top of the page.

To stay logged in, when you next post click the 'Check here to remember details' box just under the post message area.

Poster's name now links to profile (it was simply an anchor so that each post could be linked-to).

Listing all your posts would be good, though. As would listing those from others.

Edited by - Site Manager on 13 May 2009 17:31:51

• 5 weeks later...

I'd second the listing posts idea, especially useful if you can't find a thread you know was posted by a particular member, but doesn't show up in a search for some reason *thumbup*

Ian - Slightly Vider SVelte model 😬 - Joint AR for North Kent