Click here if you are having website access problems ×

I recognised...

Myles

...Delbert! And I haven't seen him for a couple of years at least and wasn't expecting to see him at the finish either! In fact, he's the first Shedder I've seen for quite a while.

Jolly-good to meet up - thanks for making the effort etc. *thumbup*

And didn't the boy done good? *tongue*

Actually, I'm most-impressed with my host for the weekend - he lives locally, but his major skill is going down the Lake hills quickly - he's generally a plodding runner/rider but managed his way round just an hour slower than myself this year - and given the 15 or so minutes longer he stayed in the feed-stops, that's an impressive time!

My other co-rider (who is three or four years younger than me - and five or six younger than his bro'-in-law (the aforementioned local) - turned up a further hour later.

Sponsorship is still open, if you're feeling a little guilty, Shedders 😬 *tongue* *wink*

🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻

Alcester Racing

7s Ecosse™

🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻

Alcester-Racing-Sevens.com

Yes, probably!

Delbert was planning to do one of the Wainright Lake District walks and then spectate at some point on my 112-mile Fred Whitton ride. In the end, he turned up at the finish and we had a natter.

The rest of the wittering was in relation to my two co-riders/hosts who finished the course an hour and 1.75 hours later than me respectively.

I promise not to have a drink until tomorrow evening! *tongue* *wink*

🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻

Alcester Racing

7s Ecosse™

🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻

Series of four images starting here

My host is rider 219 and my colleague is rider 221. I particularly enjoy the false perma-grin that appears on #221s face as he gets close to the photog... 😬

🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻

Alcester Racing

7s Ecosse™

🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻