Click here if you are having website access problems ×

thanks for everyones help and support today

robmar

Hi Rob

Glad you see you are OK and feeling philosophical about your off. As you say the car can be repaired …..

There is no doubt that having a full-cage certainly saved you some injury and it started some debate amongst the rest of us with normal cages. I think my next upgrade won’t be a set of wider wheels - it will be a full-cage.

See you at Curbs *wavey*

Graham

☹️ looks like a big un Rob. Glad you are Ok.

Did the cage come in to its own as you rolled over or did you go through a fence ?

I have found solace in the full cage for the past 3 years solely on these risks. Especially on the road. I would recommend a fill SLR/R400 cage to anyone. It also stiffens the chassis and can be taken past the domestic financial advisor/main sponsor on the grounds of it being a safety upgrade 😬 *thumbup*

here is my Duratec R .... C7 TOP

Taffia joint AO with Al

Car is with ian at Force, looks like I have been lucky from a damage POV and should be patched up and ready for MIRA in less than 2 weeks *thumbup*

Dave - I didn't actually roll, all the damage was done by think branches and trees, the cage acted to push most of this up and over me and really saved me from potential serious injury. *thumbup* Also going nose in probably saved me and car from more damage as all the major damage is the front driver side corner

I got away very lightly with some slight brusiing to my right wrist and a few aches and pains. *thumbup*

Things are still a little hazy about what happenned, the most likely in my mind , was that I got the driver front wheel (or part of) onto the grass and as I braked and then tried to turn in it just locked up and went straight on. Lookig at the data logs I didn't deviate at all plouged staright in, brake point was slightly later and speed slightly higher but besides that nothing odd. Nothing obviously broke. So really was a runnign out of talent moment that we all have every now and then.

Rob *thumbup*

Edited by - robmar on 12 May 2009 08:49:38

all the damage was done by think branches and trees, the cage acted to push most of this up and over me and really saved me from potential serious injury.

thats exactly my fear. And without scaremongering - more dealing with the reality of these little cars, my greatest fear is crashing off a road or track or hillclimb venue and going through a wire fence with only a FIA rear section roll cage ☹️

here is my Duratec R .... C7 TOP

Taffia joint AO with Al

Rob

Sorry to hear about this ☹️ I hope the bruising and aches get better soon so that the only pain you are left with is the one in the wallet *smile*

Glad to know that the car is being mended and that you will up and running before too long.

We all run out of talent at some time and some escape more lightly than others, but the cars do their best to protect us *thumbup*

Take care

Mrs K