Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

Brooklands aeroscreen stanchion width question

dickbowyer

Can anyone tell me please the width of the cc brooklands aeroscreen stanchion. Wondering which central mirror to use. Should this be mounted on scuttle or stanchion?

Dick

Superlight SV Duratec R400 Arch Inside 😬

If you are mounting the Brooklands onto the stanchion, why not follow suit with the centre mirror.

Simply use counter sunk bolts, coming up from the bottom, and topped with dome nuts.

I saves defacing the scuttle with perforations and, should you with to revert to the windscreen set up, then it all comes off in one hit.

I have been running with a Spa centre mirror for around nine years, so mounted, with out any problem.

... and to answer your question 40mm.

JH

Deliveries by Saffron, *thumbup* the yellow 230bhp Sausage delivery machine

Consider using concave mirrors for all 3. Initially I only had flat plane side mirrors: I then added a central mirror & have now changed all 3 to convex. Much better field of view.

Edited to say convex!

Edited by - Mick Day on 7 May 2009 11:42:52

I use No.668 here

http://www.vintagemotorspares.com/phdi/p1.nsf/supppages/hodge?opendocument&part=9

my brookland band is the one behind the windscreen wiper bosses so I've taken the fixing throught the band and scuttle as I have with the inner mounts for the brroklands and the side mirrors, No.682 on the same page, keeps every thing nice and solid and when you put the full screen back on the rubber skirt and screen cover every thing up.

Paul M