Click here if you are having website access problems ×

300bhp Vauxhall Engine - Bargain and Emissions Free for SVA IVA MOT

EFA

UPDATE:

This engine is based on a pre-low noise VX block from 1992. This means it is not necessary to fit a catalytic converter for MOT, and if you are building a new car you can fit this engine and still pass SVA or the new IVA without need for a cat or any cat related emissions test.

Below is the VX engine taken from my Caterham. This is almost everything you need to fit this engine to your car and have it running, except a silencer and radiator. £8000 NO OFFERS. Would cost iro £20,000 to recreate the same.

The engine was rebuilt in September 2008 and has since covered less than 600 mainly road miles.

Engine is in car and can be heard running until Sunday 17th May 2009.

Its powered the car over a 10.9 sec qtr mile at Santa Pod ( timing slip available) and has been measured at between 286 and 316bhp on numerous rolling roads and hub driven dynos.

Performance speaks for itself. This setup will make your Seven significnatly more accelerative than a new R500 at a fraction of the cost of a similar Duratec conversion.

Sale includes all of the following:

Vauxhall C2OXE cylinder block, fully machined to remove all excess lumps and brackets from the casting.

EN40B Steel Vauxhall 16 Valve. Doug Kiddie 86mm lightweight touring car spec crankshaft. (11kgs lighter than stock item!)

Custom Made 88mm Cosworth Racing forged racing Pistons with chrome moly rings.

Arrow Precision EN23 Steel conrods

Jenvey Engineering 51mm SF Taper throttle fuel injection with throttle body and manifold injector pockets

8 Pico 480cc/min Injectors.

Activa Carbon Fibre Airbox Assy with ITG foam filter and barometric ram air compensation (the airbox is cracked but is repairable, althernatively I know of the whereabouts of a spare)

Swindon Racing Engines fully ported (early BTTC spec) cylinder head

Piper Cams custom profile mechanical camshafts

Piper Vernier Cam Pullies

Paul Ivey +2mm Inlet, +1mm Exhaust valves

Lead Indium Competition bearings

Piper Steel spring retainers, Uprated double valve springs, Uprated spring platforms

Arrow Precision solid followers/lifters.

Swindon Racing Engines cam belt infill

SBD lighweight Crankshaft pulley

SBD carbon plug cover

Maximum continuous engine speed 9500rpm Peak engine speed 9750rpm

LUBRICATION

Full dry sump system – Pace Products external scavenge and pressure pump, Brise remote oil tank and filter,

Almost new (400 miles old) Aeroquip braided/ rubber oil hoses. Samco Silicon breather hoses with alloy couplings.

Samco Silicon coolant hoses as needed.

ELECTRICS/IGNITION

MBE 970 ECU fully mapped with softcopy of map.

Magnecor competition ignition leads

Brise small alternator

Engine Wiring loom - connects straight to the SUMO PLUG on any standard Caterham loom.

EXHAUST:

Hayward & Scott 4-2-1 configuration stainless steel manifold developed specifically for this engine on the dyno.

Exact equal length primary and secondary pipes

3" rolled edge outlet silencer with Carbon Fibre silencer body. (silencer body is cracked, but I can advise a replacement source for about £200)

4-2-1 pipe configuration.

(exhaust manifold is slightly damaged, but can be fixed by any competient stainless welder in an hour or so.)

CLUTCH/FLYWHEEL:

QED lightweight (3.1kg) drilled flywheel with 58 tooth pickup for ignition. (sensor moved to block web)

Quartermaster 5.5” twin plate racing clutch

Caterham Vauxhall Bellhousing

Blatmail or 07710 526739

Edited by - efa on 12 May 2009 14:29:10

Edited by - efa on 13 May 2009 08:53:25

This engine would be listed under any index as a weapon of mass yAAAAAAAAAR.

I seem to recall it blasting past me on the straight at Croix just the once and seeing small animals (cows/sheep/horses) being sucked into the inlet and fired out the exhaust as flames.

Bonkers mad good fun and someone will be very happy with this engine.

Arnie good luck with sale must also add i'm glad nathans in oz *tongue* think of the donuts

he could do with this fitted in his car 😳 😬 and the trouble he would provoke 😬

long suffering father of K16TOY (THE DOUGHNUT KID !!!!!)

Arnie,

I admit to a tinge of sadness reading this, and I never even saw the car. As has been said before, the end of an era.

I understand you're re-building K2RUM in another guise? Why not pop onto Chitchat and give us an update.

Just to say I've run the engine up today but have decided to leave it in another week.

If I pull it out, there is every chance I will strip it and sell the invividual parts.

If anyone is interested in the components, please send me a Blatmail.

You are probably aware, but for someone to get this engine through SVA on pre emissions test you would have to sell the engine with the V5 cirt for the whole car. Thats how I understand it anyways.. you are prob aware but just wanted to mention it. *thumbup*

Is the actual date of the casting in the block - rather than just a part number?

If not they will want more proof, i.e V5.

Sometimes the casting numbers are quite specific - in which case you would be ok. I know ford block numbers will refer to the actual day of casting. IYSWIM. Dunno about Vx.

However, be aware that they might not be able to access this info at the time of the SVA, so you would need some way of proving it at the time.

Not trying to start an argument, just passing on my own exp with them as they can be right royal arses and 1992 is the prime year in which they start asking questions IYSWIM.

I suspect this engine would find its way into an already SVA'd car anyway but either way, HTH *wavey*