Click here if you are having website access problems ×

What tyres for my new 13 inch wheels?

S33VEN

Has anybody tried the Yoko 38R's (as per Lotus 340R)?

According to the Demon Tweeks catalogue they'll fit (well 14"), they look sexy and appear a good compromise for road and track.

I'm fed up changing onto my 13" ACB's when I reach the track, thought I might be able to use these on my 14" wheels instead.

Thoughts?

ps. I'm I the only sad git who gets turned on by tyre tread patterns, those Eagle F1's are bloody gorgeous, can't wait to finish knackering the tyres on my roadcar just so I can change them!!

Pinky, a friend with a Lotus 340R reckons this to AO38s:

"Absolutely fantastic in the dry. In the rain they are a deathtrap. Wear rate is very good. On the track they just seem to get gripier and gripier after each lap as they heat up."

Hope that helps!

Thanks for the mention! I'm fitting 21R's as they are cheap!

I must comment on your intention to use Arrowstar!!!

We had a club run down to them with the promise of Flat Floor set-up. After watching the mechanics working on a customers car (two days after buying it) we declined the original offer a returned home with our tail between legs.

This is only my opinion, but I can promise you it was shared by the other area members and the unfortunate owner. The car was running poorly when he came in and was totally Fu**ed two hours later

Nope - they're 13s. They may look bigger in the picture due to the shadows cast by the wheel arches.

BTW the 'blue tape' effect on Mr Zonta's visor is caused by the fact that he uses one of those flashy reflective blue visors. The picture is a very high quality electronic image from LAT and the printing process has been 'confused' by the spectrum effect of it.

Also RZ had the Caterham boys wind the rear stiffness to it's hardest setting to show off a bit. wink.gif

According to the data traces, in an F1 car he nearly always brakes later than JV too...