Click here if you are having website access problems ×

4-1 K-series race exhaust

Miura

fits any K-series engined Caterham, it is a great upgrade over the standard Caterham system. Comes complete with polished heat shield. it is in good used condition and has performed very well on my car whatever its spec was (it's always been on my car since it's been a 1.6K 120hp, then a 140 bhp supersport and then an 180bhp 1.8K.)

The exhaust is currently at John Howe's farm who kindly agreed to fit for the buyer for a donation to NtL (and yes that includes cutting the side skin *wink*)

I want 180 pounds for it *wavey*

Edited by - miura on 5 May 2009 19:37:52

Is this the same exhaust as here ?

Is this the complete sytem ?

Any pics available ?

Has the silencer ever been repacked ?

has performed very well on my car whatever its spec was (it's always been on my car since it's been a 1.6K 120hp, then a 140 bhp supersport and then an 180bhp 1.8K

Why are you selling then ?

TIA *wink*

“Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away” Antoine de Saint Exupery

Flanders AO - l7C.flanders.ao@telenet.be

Hi Bruno *wavey*

to answer in order:

- yes that's the one

- yes it is complete

- I don't have any pics and the item is not with me at the moment

- no its never been repacked (like the standard can, it is welded, not riveted therefore strictly speaking it can't be repacked)

- as you know I caught serious upgraditus last year and when I got offred a Raceco silencer that came with primaries I could not resist 😬 It is worth mentionning that in terms of power delivery I have not norticed any diffrence between the set-up I am selling and the one I have just fitted, obviously the big raceco can is quieter but you would expect that ... *wavey*

oh and I would accept euros 😬

Thanks for the fast answers Miura *wink* *thumbup*

Still have a few questions I'm afraid ( ):

- How many miles does this system has (road/track) ?

- Any idea about the condition of the packing ?

- Can you give a bit more info about the condition (scars/dents/rust) ?

- Any idea about the amount of noise this system makes (dB) ?

- Where does the lambda sensor go ?

- If I go for this setup, I would still need my current (standard 4-1) exhaust system with catalyst for 'MOT' ... is it an easy swap between the 2 (my mainly concern is regarding the manifold) ?

Thanks in advance *wavey*

“Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away” Antoine de Saint Exupery

Edited by - Slider@7 on 6 May 2009 14:16:11

Slider, sitting on the side lines...

This is a fairly good example of an exhaust system for its age, though Thomas is, sadly, a little bit of a polisher.

If you are planning to change between two systems, then it is simply a matter of removing the five retaining nuts from the manifold, along with the chassis mounting bolts from the body and make your swop.

I tend to replace the standard studs (with nuts) for cap head bolts - as they make for easier removal.

JH

Deliveries by Saffron, *thumbup* the yellow 230bhp Sausage delivery machine

Miura ... I was very unexpectedly able to get hold of a VVC R300 4-1 exhaust system (with cat) ... so I hope you understand I would prefer that option (since that would be the 'perfect' exhaust for my new setup).

Good luck with the sale of your system and have a BTT on me *wavey*

Bruno, no problem at all *thumbup*

Glad you understand *thumbup* 😶‍🌫️ *thumbup*

*redface*

1. Is it a straight swap for a standard (EU2) 1999 VVC with short primaries & cat? (apart from cutting the sideskin)?

2. Should I be OK for emissions (would guess so, but no idea really myself)

3. Is the offer of John fitting it still valid as my automotive techie skills are less than zero - I'll be travelling down from Bridlington to Folkestone on Sunday, how's that for timing should (1) & (2) work out OK? 😬

Thanks...

Chris - Minds Alive

edited to correct the year

Edited by - CK on 11 May 2009 17:14:02

Chris,

Can't help this coming weekend, as I am away from Thursday afternoon, through to Sunday, on a residential course.

Other than that, I am usally here 24/7...

JH

Deliveries by Saffron, *thumbup* the yellow 230bhp Sausage delivery machine