Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Sept 2001 Superlight

jonnyleroux

Sept 2001, 8000 miles (half road/half track), Recent rebuild by Caterham (<800 miles), Ferrari Titanium Silver, 6-Speed, LSD, Widetrack Susp, Big Brakes, Apollo Anti-Cav Tank, New ACB10's on 13", C4T SL private plate, OIRO £18,500. jonny@bookatrack.com or 0870 7441635 anytime. pictures available upon request.

forgot to mention - also has an FIA roll bar and removable momo steering wheel.

Jonny5

Edited by - jonny5 on 10 Jul 2002 18:15:34

chaps,

i already have an elise. i maintain it's a far better "car" than the seven. the seven is of course a far better track toy though. i pity the poor sods who own a caterham, put up with all it's little quirks but dont ever track it! if i can free up enough cash from the sale of the SL i may consider shovelling a honda engine into an elise though.

the new venture is nothing interesting, just fancy buying a house in an area i suspect will rocket in the next 3-4 years.

sorry to be so boring - i will return to the fold in the next year or two.

as for the esprit - a supercar - not really a track day toy. and the exige - overweight, underpowered, over-tyred, maxpower-mobile.

Jonny

PS I dont do drugs of any kind (including alcohol before anyone chirps up) - waste of valuable track day petrol money.....

Edited by - jonny5 on 15 Jul 2002 23:05:41

We'll have to beg to differ on the Elise. The *only* advantage it has over a 7 is that you can use the stereo. And maybe it's a bit easier to drive out of the box for the VW Golf generation.

And I'm no Elise hater - nice enough cars. Just no improvement over the original...

A house? I'd never have guessed that one!!

Good luck with it anyway and you can have a go in my 7 at Anglessey to make you realise the error of your ways.

If you've not sold it yet, have a browse at some of the "what should I buy" threads recently. There were a few people with this sort of budget who might jump with a bit of prompting...