Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Catalyst Problem Solved

Racing Snake

*thumbup*Well rules are rules and so i had to fit a catalyst to my car for this seasons racing.

Problem 1 keeping as much horsepower as possible

Solution 1 Buy the only FIA certified 100 cell race catalyst from Jetex(great value)

Problem 2 I didnt want an extra box on my system as i think they look ugley and after some homework it appears the catalyst should be as far away from the engine as possible with a lambda boss just after the collector

Solution 2 Phil at Good fabrications (they make F1 sytems)made a great looking silencer with the catalyst inside at the very back, the whole system is repackable and the welding is top draw. Infact now its been polished it should be on my wall 😬

After a trip to Track and Road for Steven Greenauld to work his magic and 5 hours later the results are astonishing *evil*, i thought my car was fast before but now its even quicker and complies with the current MSA regs

Still sounds fabulous too

All the above have done a great job in making a good car just electric to drive and comply with the regs and at reasonable rates

Mad Hatter Racing - Feel The Duralight R Torque 😬 *thumbup*

Yes snap, 5 speed here too

Might have to look at the diff gearing as its geared for about 150 mph top end !

Great on the road as 5th is a great overdrive and with all the torque it still goes like stink without getting into the top half of the revs

Will see how it goes in Wales

Will you be at Llandow ?

Hi Adrian looks like pinky came good at the weekend *thumbup*

How did the car feel after its winter rebuild ?

You were right about the guys at Good Fabrications, top notch.

And Steve Greenauld, what can i say the guy knows what he is doing. When he looked at the fueling graph it looked like the north see and back to front, but 5 hours later and WOW 😬. Needed new pants after the midnight test drive *wink*

Cant wait for Llandow now

I'm running a 3.92 with a slightly shorter 5th so it tops out at 137 on CR500's and 134 on the sprint Kumho's. That's enough for just about every where other than Goodwood and possibly Aintree.

I'm not going to be at Llandow I'm afraid, I'll be of in Ireland in the Caterham enjoying the roads out there but I'm back for Curbourgh and Pembrey. Hopefully I'll see you there. It'll be interesting to compare notes, it's pretty lonely being the only Duratec in the paddock 😬

Cheers

Rob G

www.SpeedySeven.com

You are not alone *thumbup*

Yes it will be good to have a fellow Duratec 7 in the paddock

Not at Curbourgh as i will be in Northern Ireland at the NW200

But have entered MIRA and Shelsley, just waiting to hear confirmation of entry

Are you as pleased with your Duratec as i am with mine ?

Not driven a K series 7 but i think the potential for the Duratec is great and the torque is a big bonus

I've had mine since March 2005 so I've kind of got used to it, it is a great engine though. The combination of lazy torque based driving on the road with manic silly power on the track works perfectly.

I suspect the slightly less torquey 2.0l engines maybe a bit more fun but I'm happy with my "tractor engine" as Ammo calls it 😳

Hopefully I'll be at MIRA and Shelsley as well so see you there!

Cheers

Rob G

www.SpeedySeven.com