Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Drive shaft clip

h_____

Folks,

After braking 2 clips off my drive shaft over the weekend and throwing the grease all over the wheel arch, does anyone know where I can buy replacement clips from ?

car is a 1.6 K series ex-academy car (now super spec).

thanks

Hugh

Hi,

yes you are right was the RARB causing the problem. Cable tie last 1 session at cadwell, with the ARB disocnnected. Despite a cable tie having worked for the earlier 6months, and as I had run the bearings in less than a single session, new drive shaft ~170 notes, I want a more permanent solution. Have discussed with MMM they said get a new clip!

How have you spaced the mounts? interested in looking at that.

Also, anyone fitted a clip, how do you tension them?

How have you spaced the mounts? interested in looking at that.

Car not in my office, but from memory, the wide bit of the ARB joint is exactly in line with the edge of the gaiter. It only needs moving a little way to have clearance. IIRC I I used a longer bolt and a machined spacer but it may have been washers. I'll have a check when I get home and correct this if I've spouted testicles.

Also, anyone fitted a clip, how do you tension them?

Yep, fitted them successfully, but haven't a clue how you're supposed to tension them 😳 I used an oil filter chain tool thingy and a screwdriver last time . . . worked OK but not the proper way. I'd be interested in knowing how to fasten them correctly as well.

• 4 weeks later...

Finally got around to doing this. actually fitting is quite easy. The clips have little lugs on them, so you can put a pair of pliers on to the 2 lugs pulling them together, this enables you to then clip the hole over the catch. Tensioning, whilst there are 2 catches, you simply need the tighest one for our cars.

Looks like the actual bar bit the CV joint, following the drop link getting disconnected. Need to go back to the little wire clips to keep the drop links on.