Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Clear out time (LA, '97, x-flow stuff)

DaveMorris

As a result of a change of plans, a need to have a good clearout, and generally deciding to go through the garage and see what I no longer need I have a few things for sale. Probably more to come later - but this all I can cope with for now.

One item (marked with ***) was attached to my car in 2006 when it came into heavy contact, (offside front and offside rear) with a tree. The rest have been amassed over time or are surplus to requirements following upgrades. Unless stated otherwise they will be from a 1997, live axle, x-flow Supersprint (so wheels are Ital pcd)

Pictures have been taken of a number of the items and can be seen at here

Prices do not include postage – and for a number of the items it would obviously be better not to post them. Might be able to get the items to some of the Sprints and possibly to Stoneleigh on May Bank Holiday.

Possibly the only bits left :-

Set of Twin 40 Webers jetted for 1700 x-flow with 244 cam, fitted to a “worked on” Caterham/Redline inlet manifold. £275

Crossflow 4-1 Exhaust – incl. primaries, 4-1 collector and 5” side exit silencer. Fully polished and not used since. Some evidence of contact with road on underside of silencer. Lambda probe boss on inlet to silencer £275 SOLD

Original rear exit system – Silencer and rear exit pipe only. £35 SOLD

5 off GOLD K&N Diamond rims (I think that’s what they’re called) 4 fitted with ACB10’s (which I don’t think have seen tarmac). Some scratching/marking on the rims but straight and true. Good for trackdays £175 SOLD I think

4 off Lotus Gold / Silver rimmed Minilites fitted with B/stone Re720’s. Tyres not far from wear marks, so ideal for sprinting so I am told. One of the rims appears to have been re-sprayed and is not a perfect match in colour to the other three !! Suit track-days. £130 SOLD

Steel Tank, standard size, no level sensor. £20 SOLD

Set of 2 lower wishbones (currently away for powder coating so no bushes and not in the picture) upper arms and upright assemblies – including hub carrier, hub, callipers, discs, disc shield and trunnions. £150 (would rather not split) SOLD

Set of front and rear Spax shocks + springs. (were only on the car for <3 years, have been resting in the garage ever since). £40 SOLD

Ital axle, 4.1 diff, complete (i.e. drums and brake shoes in place). No known problems. £250 SOLD

*** Ital Axle, 4.1 diff, complete. As denoted by *’s this was on the car that impacted the tree and needed a new radius arm mount welding on. This was done at Arch, who checked the axle for straightness at the same time. I’d recommend this for spares and/or stripping and checking before use (especially o/s bearing). £150 SOLD

Ital LSD professionally fitted into 4.1 CWP and ready to bolt into an axle. £375 Under discussion

Two Tyre Racks which attach to FIA Bar (Arch type which have 38mm diameter hoop bar and 38mm rear legs) :-

#1 – this has internal rectangle dimension of 835mm – so will take 4 off 185mm tyres no problems. £110 SOLD

#2 – super wide version with internal rectangle being 1060mm. Made in error by a fitter with a rubber tape measure. £110 SOLD

I do haggle, (but can be insulted), Dave.

07717 405 496 can sometimes reach me.

Edited by - davemorris on 23 Apr 2009 17:28:39

Edited by - DaveMorris on 23 Apr 2009 19:36:55

Edited by - DaveMorris on 25 Apr 2009 10:55:34

Edited by - DaveMorris on 26 Apr 2009 20:31:13

Edited by - davemorris on 29 Apr 2009 10:50:17

Edited by - davemorris on 29 Apr 2009 16:13:41

*cool* *thumbup* Email me back Dave regarding transport costs etc (plus cost of heat shield 😬). If you are OK with time I can try to sort out a GONADS delivery with cash to NTL *thumbup* *thumbup*

White Xflow with Clams

The Bearded Clams - King Clam of Clam Hill!

photos

Hi

Interested in the wheels with ACB10s on them. I have 13x6 wheels on my live axle Supersprint at the moment with road tyres, so was thinking it would be good to have a second set of cheap wheels for track days as I'm told the road tyres will disintegrate.

I'm very new to all this, so not entirely sure what I'm doing! Would your wheels with ACB10s be a good switch for my 13x6s on a track? Are they the same size and does it matter if not?

Also your Spax shocks - any sign of leakage or loss of damping?

Sheep -

YHM = You Have (blat)Mail - but you don't from me.

Rims are 13" x 6" - so as long as you have an ITAL axle in your car then they should fit no problem. (The p.c.d. - basically distance apart on the wheel-studs is smaller on an Ital axle than on a Ford axle) Best to confirm.

IIRC (If I remember correctly) Ford pcd is 4 1/4" and Ital is 3 3/4" - distance diagonally between two of the studs.

EDITED TO ADD - Don't forget that if you have a standard, unmodified Ital axle, then using ACB10's on track with it is NOT a good idea. Generally accepted wisdom is that you're best not to use anything stickier than Yoko 021's or similar.

You can ruin the diff due to the better grip.

If you want the rims on their own I'm happy to have the ACB's taken off. (I will then keep the ACB10's)

Spax are fine - no leaks, and springs should be fine. Not used for a number of years. They were o.k. when I last drove the car with them on. IIRC they are 260lb fronts and 100lb rears.

I'll leave you with first dibs.

Wile - will mail you later - if you're in no rush to get the silencer then we can easily sort something out.

Dave.

Edited by - DaveMorris on 25 Apr 2009 17:32:23

Hi Dave

Thanks for the warning. My Ital rear axle has a Quaife LSD fitted inside it - does that mean the ACB10s will be OK?

I'm pretty keen to have the tyres. Is it easy to just switch the wheels before a track day? I've heard you need to adjust the camber for ACB10s but I'm guessing that isn't going to be too difficult, just get out a spanner?

I think I'll leave the shocks, want to have adjustable ones like the ones I have now.

Would you be willing to sell the K&N air filters separately from the carbs? On mine the chrome is all tarnished and peeled off. I could offer you £30 for the pair?

--------------------------------------------------------

The Sheep Blog

• Area Representative
Whilst there is the optimum setting for ACB10's which is similar to crossply slicks (straight up with zero camber), generally for a trackday you could just put them on and run with your normal set up and not really notice any detraction from the tyres.

Ben,

I'd rather keep the Filter on the Carbs for now - some protection if nothing else.

If it looks as if I have no takers for the carbs/manifold then I'll let you know.

Are you in a rush for the rims/tyres ?

There are a number of people whose work carries up and down Wales - so a GONADS delivery might be on the cards. I think that shipping them would be a bit high on price - and I definitely don't have a box that I could fit them in.

If I put you down as a definite for the rims/tyres then we can start looking at how to get them down to Bristol (I think that's the right area of the country for you anyway).

Dave.

Andrew S - YHM back.

Ben the Sheep - I have opportunity to get the 5 rims to WARE which is probably closer to you than Oswestry is, but I don't know if it is much on an improvement. Please let me know as soon as possible (the transport leaves here tomorrow night).

FORGET THE ABOVE - I've just looked on the map. Oswestry is probably closer !! Are you, or anyone you know going to Stoneleigh this coming weekend ?

Dave

Edited by - DaveMorris on 27 Apr 2009 12:00:22