Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

Pace Dry Sump System - Installation Pictures Wanted

Trinidad Tim

I am probably going to fit a Pace Dry Sump system to my K-Series 7. This may or may not include a Laminova oil/water heat exchanger and/or an oil cooler (ambient temperature is 30-34C every day of the year - it's a tough life but someone has to do it).

Before I start I'd like to see some pictures of how other owners have installed similar systems, so if you have any good piccies I'd love to see them - if you can't reply with a link feel free to email to timkimpton@flowtrinindad.net.

My car is a 1.6 EU3 K-series with a DVA Power K05 conversion, which means Jenvey TBs and Scouse Airbox taking up a good deal of room on the inlet side of the engine, so any pictures of Pace installation in a similar setting would be particularly welcome.

BTW, I can't speak too highly of Dave Andrews of DVA Power, aka "oilyhands". The man is an absolute hero with the patience of a saint. He's put up with endless dumb questions from me when I had to reassemble the top end of my engine after his head modifications by myself after I had fired my "expert" local mechanic.

Hi TT,

Before I start waxing lyical about hoses tanks and routing.............Is your car LH or RH drive 🤔

I run a Pace DS kit in a RH drive car with Pace easiclean tank with twin scavenge hose connections to enable the rear scavenge pump return to be routed via an oil cooler if required thus negating the need for a laminovar, Jenveys, BS airbox, PRT stat.

DS tank is mouted in front of a short passenger footwell.

Oil filter housing is from the MG race cars and positions the filter inline with the crank line of the engine - this housing is drilled for cooler tak off and therefore the outlet can be blanked off and the inlet can be coupled to the feed pump again negating the need for a remote filter housing etc it also has 2 x drillings for oil pressure switch and mechanical oil pressure gauge too.

Oil feed from the tank, (which is mounted with the outlet at 45 degree to the engine) the hose then runs runs under the oil filter (between filter and crankcase) round the front of the engine and into the pressure pump via 90 degree union, secured to the lower chassis rails the rear lower crucifirm ones.

Pump to oil filter hose goes around the front of the engine roughly half way up and enters the filter housing from the front i use 2 x straight unions on this hose in order to route around my PRT stat.

Scavenge hoses come from the pumps, front one with a straight and the rear with a 45 degree union around the front of the engine and run along the upper chassis rail back to the tank mine are wrapped to ward off unwanted attention from the exhaust primaries.

Centre vent on the the tank is blanked off, the outer vent goes to atmosphere, both rocker cover vents blanked off - fully sealed system.

I'l try yo mail a couple of shots over too *thumbup*

Too young to be old !

Edited by - 7 wonders of the world on 21 Apr 2009 21:36:54