Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Speedo / Angle Drive / Cable For VX 1600

Drew Gibson

Hi,

I've just converted my speedo to digital, therefore I have the bits I took out to sell:

Complete Caterham Speedo 'head' out of the dash £60 posted to you.

Angle drive and quil, with the speedo cable attached. £40 posted to you, will be happy to knock a bit off both of these if you want to collect (from SW London).

They came out of my VX 1600 powered 1999 car (5 spd). I'm not entirely sure on the specs, but if any one wants more info I'll be happy to help where I can, or send pictures etc.

You can email me on: drew.gibson@haymarket.com or phone 07960390922.

Thanks, Drew.

Hi,

Converted to an analogue speedo with digi mileometre that fits in the same hole as the old speedo counter used to on the dash, It reads off the front brake disk, with a bracket holding it on the caliper. Neat install, but not cheap.

I converted as the worm gear in my gearbox had moved, which meant my options were engine and box out to repair it, or fit the speedo in the way that I have.

Hope that helps, Drew.

Hi Drew, I've got the same car with a dead speedo! I could be very interested in buying the angle drive+quill+cable to hopefully rule out a problem inside the 'box.

Would it be possible to e-mail a picture so I can check the parts are the same as mine so I can confirm interest?

Thanks very much

Greg

gregprice7@btinternet.com