Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Carbon Fibre Headlamps - BB Postponed

Harry Flatters

This is a BB for pairs of pre-preg carbon fibre headlamp bowls and rings.

This is the possible deal. Subject to his workload, my contact is going to make me a set of headlamp bowls and rims and send them to me to check that I am happy with the quality.

Assuming all is OK there will be a limited run of 10 sets. Each set will be approximately (+/- £20) £200 + P&P.

Please note that what you would be buying is the headlamp bowl and rim. You will require some donor parts from your existing headlamps, such as the lense, wiring harness, mounting bolt, swivel cup and nut etc. In addition, the rim does not have the 'fine' return on the rear edge to hold the lense retaining clips. Consequently, the lense is secured into the rim with a bead of silicone.

I fitted a set of these lamps to my car 5 years ago and they still do what it says on the tine and still look the muts nuts.

See here for a shot of the headlamp on my car *thumbup*.

What I need now is commitment for 10 sets, subject to my inspection of the test set and your viewing of pics of said set.

This is the list of takers so far:

Big Dan

Damdy-Cash

Dyrill

J7HPC

ruff seven

Wil Ackroyd

Mowerman

Neophyte

'Jo' bee

symo

Paul Jacobs

Neil.Williams

BAZZA

AVES

taffyracer

-----------------------

Reserve List

-----------------------

Jamiegb

The better half

robmar

davef

TobyCoulson

captain chaos

TopQ1967

Edited by - Harry Flatters on 4 Jun 2009 13:12:43

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am going to have to hold this at 15 for the present. I need to check with the manufacturer to see if, assuming quality is OK, he can handle this number.

PLEASE NOTE that he only has ONE set of tooling for this product and as such this means that he can only produce one set at a time. This will inevitably mean that those further down the list are going to have to wait a while for delivery.

I will update this thread with further information as it becomes available.

*arrowright* *arrowright*Harry Flatters *arrowright* *arrowright* *thumbup*

AKA Steve Mell - Su77on Se7ener

@ The better half - you are on the reserve list *thumbup* - Steve been good this week 🤔 *tongue*

@ robmar - you are on the reserve list Rob *thumbup*

@Jamiegb - No slight intended Jamie. It's just that after I posted pics and prices, as requested, I really did need firm commitment. You will see, I am sure, from the previous thread that all those on the list either posted or re-posted after I had confirmed the details. Having said this, in the interests of fair play and if The better half' and 'robmar' don't object, I will put you at the top of the reserve list.

To all, please note that provided this all goes ahead, then we will probably be producing 20 sets, so everyone who has confirmed interest up to now will be satisfied *thumbup*

You are both on the reserve list. Gary, I'm afraid I can't keep 'bumping' people down the list. You are 21st so you will get a pair if either one person drops out or I can persuade 'our man' to make one or two more sets. Hope that's OK *thumbup*

• 2 weeks later...