Click here if you are having website access problems ×

MIRA and Shelsley

Matthew Willoughby

The regs and entry forms for the two Lotus 7 Club Speed Championship sponsored by Freestyle Motorsport that are organised by the Midland Automobile Club (MAC) should now be waiting for you in your In Box.

MIRA

In order to maximise the chances of having your entry accepted please complete the form (we are in class M) and return as quickly as possible. The closing date for entries is 30 April and whilst we are guaranteed a minimum of 50 places entries are allocated on a first come first served basis.

Shelsley Walsh

As in previous seasons there are only 25 places available and these will be allocated on the following basis:

I will use the results from the current seasons and last year’s championship to determine who should have an entry. However, whilst ensuring the top drivers from each class are present I will put the remaining names in a hat (see note 4 below) to give everyone who has entered a chance to compete. My reasoning behind this is as follows:

1. Whilst our championship is about having fun it is also about motor sport and therefore I have let the driver’s performance dictate the entry list.

2. We need to put on a show for the MAC as the events at Shelsey Walsh attract a large number of paying spectators, the top drivers will help us to achieve this objective.

3. By having the top drivers in each class present it will ensure good competition with no 'easy' championship points on offer.

4. Anyone who competed last year and does not qualify as a top driver in a class will initially be excluded from the draw to allow others the opportunity to compete.

This process has been used in previous seasons and has seen everyone have the opportunity to compete. If you object to this process then please raise this at the Tech Forum later in the year when we can look at alternatives.

Despite there only being 25 places available I would encourage anyone who wishes to compete to submit an entry. The closing date for entries is 12 June and we are in class M.

Mark D

Comp Sec *cool*

Rob

See:

Appendix 1 - Classes

Additional Classes

July 4th M Cars entered in the Lotus Seven Club Championship (cars in this class will be subdivided into groups advised by the Championship co-ordinator)

.......and I did put this info in my email and the post above *arrowup*

Mark D

Comp Sec *cool*

• 2 weeks later...

The list of entries for MIRA is as follows:

Class 1

Andrew Fitton

Michael Burnham

Steve Causey

Ian Keen

Neil Fraser

Nicholas Chan