Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Is it a bird is it a plane

K16TOY

Several of us saw it 😬 In fact we could see it coming when he was half-off the track on the inside of a row of four abreast, 100 yards before the corner. And we were only qualifying!!

Just a few torn back muscles, considering the impact that's a lucky escape Terry, take it easy mate *thumbup*

RW04FUN

RW08FUN

Edited by - Rich Watson on 19 Apr 2009 20:41:03

I gave him a 9.5 for artistic merit given he went straight from the cart through the air and landed on his backside on top on the tyre wall. *eek*

Do it again Terry. *wink*

(Hope you are feeling better. You did look rough for the rest of the event.) *wavey*

Peter

In Memoriam DMG

Terry

When I worked at Buckmore Park in the late 90's I saw many accidents from race control very much like the way your fellow racers are describing 😬. We all wore radio headsets and I one heard "crash at turn 4" which when I turned to look at, there was no one there. *confused* There was however, 3 x karts at full pelt just about to enter the corner where only one had even the slightest chance of making the corner.

It could have been worse though Terry, when I retrieved a kart from an endurance race after an incident and on my arrival found the centre steering column bent alarmingly back towards the front of the kart. This can happen in a big impact with a sudden stop where the driver grips the steering wheel very tightly and pushes the column back. He was a big fella so I asked him "how’s your wrists" and he said "oh there OK" wincing in pain as he spoke. "I let go of the steering wheel" 😳You work it out.... *eek*

Get well soon Terry and Nathan 😬 you got to laugh at your old man.

Get well soon Terry!

A friend had his steering column snap at Buckmoore once, went straight in to the trye wall. Upon impact, the lower tyres moved with the kart, but the upper tyres stayed where they were and hit him in the face. He got a nice mark (well, more like graze and cuts!) on his face and chin where the helmet hit him! *tongue*

John

Bugsy: '82 2cv6 (Back on the road!!! 😬)

Talloulah: '08 1.6K Classic (Grubby )