Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Which 100 cell Catalyst ?

Racing Snake

Back to the catalyst problem *mad*

Can anyone tell me where they have got their catalyst from ?

Apparantly a 100 cell is the one i need for a duratec with over 250 bhp

And i am hoping to get it welded inside my existing silencer

Adrian said David Nelson has had this done by Good Fabrications, be great to speak to David if you read this thread

Mad Hatter Racing - Feel The Duralight R Torque 😬 *thumbup*

I have a boss in primary number 4 which i thought would be ok for any rolling road work.So i can seal up the boss on the catalyst before its welded in my silencer

Jetex supply the only FIA approved 100 cell cat, at just under £200 i thought i was good value

Hope this helps anyone else with the same problem, these cats are good for engines up to 375 bhp

Mad Hatter

Steve Greenald works out of TracknRoad as mapped a large number of club members cars including mine. When he maps the car he uses a lambda boss in the collector before the Cat (the optimum position) and not the boss in number 4. He also disables the lambda that is in the no.4 primary.

The Steve at SBD is Steve Broughton.

Mark D

Comp Sec *cool*

Edited by - Mark Durrant on 15 Apr 2009 09:22:08

Its actually Track'n Road and therefore do not weld up the boss in either the collector or the Cat as it is needed for mapping.

Information I have been given would suggest it is best to leave the lambda sensor in place and connected by wires as technically the CAT is not shall we say working at its best with lambda disabled. Scrutineers are aware of this.

Mad Hatter

The only problem you will have is if you wish to have the car remapped at any point in the future. If it was me I would get a boss fitted to the collector in front of the cat/silencer whilst having the exhaust modified. The cost will be minimal and it will save time should it ever be required.

Mark D

Comp Sec *cool*

Well all advise has been taken and should get my car back later with is new silencer with the 100 cell catalyst welded inside and to the rear. Plus a boss just after the collecter, should do the job and meet the regs.

Will find out on monday what the results are when Steve gets it on the rolling road 😬