Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Licence holder

TobyCoulson

My sticky one on the windscreen keeps falling off . I've noticed that quite a few cars have a motorcycle licence holder attached to the bolts on the windscreen stanchions but I can't find anything that answers to that description of licence holder on the CC website. Any suggestions as to where I can get one as I have this innate dread that my windscreen one will leave the mothership at some time and vanish into the undergrowth never to be seen again.

I have one the Caterham holders, but haven't fitted it as the bolts that hold the front of it have loose (as opposed to captive) nuts behind and it looks like it is going to be hassle every time I change the tax disk.

Andrew

The loose nuts aren't a problem, and it is only once a year

I did have to bend mine away from the bodywork abit though

I need a new one, as the one that came with the car had some bolts missing, and the ones I replaced them have gone rusty (obviously not stainless *redface*)

Rik

Roadsport SV 1.6 Sigma 150

in Viper Blue here

I have bought a S/S one from CC so I can have lots fun with bending and general fettling once a year. Wish I knew about the carbon one before as I'm increasing my carbon footprint these days. That'll teach me to be impetuous and not wait for more ideas to come along ☹️

Shame, i made a solid titanium one at work (laser cut) you could of had one of my extra one's i made for £25.

They have m3 Tapped holes in backplate & stainless domeheads so no nuts to fiddle with every year ,also wont rub on bodywork. They look the biz, i have 3 left anyone interested.

RICHARD JONES

I get all of my tax-discs laminated. My 7 has always lived outside and the original discs were sodden in their M/C holder.

My car is now parked off-street and I don't bother with a holder (as it broke off and has been lost) - I keep my laminated disc in my wallet instead.

Amusingly, I only noticed that the holder had been lost while I was chatting to a police officer who had taken over (partially!) from me at the scene of a biker RTA here

Doubly-fortunate that being a good-egg (and efficient too!) helps to deflect attention... *smile*

🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻

Alcester Racing

7s Ecosse™

🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻

Alcester-Racing-Sevens.com

Edited by - Myles on 12 Apr 2009 22:35:43

Edited by - Myles on 12 Apr 2009 22:36:21