Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Wing stay problems

Mcalvert

• Leadership Team

I've been making a real meal of getting my wingstays cut down, ready for the first club sprint at Goodwood.

Ready for my wider front wheels, I have some new RIF wings to fit, and have had my old standard wingstays cut down to hug the tyres better. However a trial fitting this morning shows the vertical part of the wingstay now touches the inside of the tyres *eek*

My only thought is to try to bend the upright more vertical, then bend the tops back to horizontal. However, as there are already welds where the stays were cut down, I would appreciate any advice about my chances of success without heating them. Any thoughts welcomed...

Michael.

• Leadership Team

Thanks Mark. Photo of my miscalculation here

If I can't get these straightened out, Caterham have their race stays on their website - should these fit over 215 profile Kumhos?

Thanks - Michael.

my old factory HPC wingstays, for the 16" wheels, had a flattened area where the tyre was closest. is it an option for you to reduce the diameter by grinding, cutting, sawing out a portion inside the stay and welding in a flat section.

Kevin R

black(but sometimes orange)-ali HPC

here

My left stay shaves the corner of new Toyo R888s as it has never been bent back properly following the Anglesey 'off' some years back. I've tried heaving at it, but I'm a bit weedy and make more noise than productively-realigned metalwork! *wink*

🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻

Alcester Racing

7s Ecosse™

🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻

Alcester-Racing-Sevens.com