Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Cheapest place to buy Pagid pads?

skydragon

Thanks, I'll give him a call.

It's for Hillclimb (need good bite from cold) and trackday usage, with normal fast road use as well.

Why are RS14 better? I thought RS15 had a better bite from cold, or are they too grippy for a seven (with std front caplipers)

I have 15s on the front and am not too happy with them. Great once warmed up but poor until then and therefore unsuited to hills in my experience.

I was recommended Performance Friction 01 compound for the front by Dave Jackson on here and Dave Kimberley at DT. I haven't tried them yet but plan to this year. Part number for CC big brake kit supplied in 2001 is PFC7740.01.16.44 but check with Dave K that they're the right ones for your car. DK at DT = 01978 663027.

I'll stay with RS14 Pagids on the rear for now.

• Support Team

The problem with RS15s is the road use - they quickly glaze over and are then poor for hillclimbs. A good track session will probably deglaze them but I found they weren't suited to a car used often on the road. If it is purely for track and hillclimb then I am sure they will be fine.

I swapped to RS14 front and RS4-2 (Pagid "blues") at the rear and they are much better. This is with AP 4 pot front brakes and standard rears.

Yellow SL *cool* #32 - member of Drowned Rat Racing

Spoke with performance braking, very helpful and very good service *thumbup* *thumbup*

Ordered a set of RS14 for the front

FWIW some additional info ref pads - I spoke with CC today and found out that the rear brake pads CC sell and described as 'Brake Pads Rear - Use with 4 pot front brakes' part No 30B013A (and I have fitted to my car, I think they used to be Mintex D8106 material) no longer have blue spots or blue painted ends anymore. ie, these rear CC pads are the same as before, but no longer have blue paint markings on them. This initially confused me as there are multiple mentions on this forum to 'blue spot' rear pads and when mine arrived there were no blue markings on them... *smile*

Edited by - skydragon on 6 Apr 2009 11:25:17