Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

ex-pipepiss

yankeedoodoo

I am about to start the California registration process (monday) and notice that water is being emitted from my exhaust. ( 200hp zetec with cat ) Not much comes out @ idle, but if I rev it to 4000rpm or so the inside of the pipe becomes wet. I think that some H2O is a by product of the cat, so my questions would center around how much and what does this tell me about the state of tune/mapping? Any thoughts would be much appreciated. An unrelated topic: some cold November some of you should transport your cars here, where the 7 weather may be better, and tour some of California's roads and racetracks ( Laguna Seca, Sears Point, Thunderhill, Fontana, Buttonwillow and Willow Springs come to mind ). Thank you in advance for all responses!!!

The water will only condense while the exhaust is cold, once the metal is above the dew point temperature (not very high compared to the full operating temp of the exhaust) the condensation will stop. Its just the same as car exhausts producing white plumes of vapour on cold mornings (which stops after a couple of minutes). Water isn't part of the emmissions regs either so dont worry. Hydrogen powered concept vehicles only produce water from their exhausts. Imagine how much water pisses out of their exhausts on start up!!

BC

Gents, Thank you very much!! This once again illustrates the broad depth of knowledge residing within the membership of the club. I've never seen a club with more enthusiasm, wisdom and wit than the L7 gang. The plethora of events chronicled in LF every month feeds the fanatacism. Mine is somewhat under-nourished for a lack of 7 playmates ( no Comma girls here ). However, the scarcity is being addressed and rectified one at a time.