Click here if you are having website access problems ×

O/T Apple iMac 17” Intel 1.83Ghz

MarkyMarc

I have had this from new and it is almost 3 years old. In perfect, unmarked condition and is loaded with Mac OS X 10.4 Tiger and iLife ‘06. I have just reloaded the software so it will be like switching it on for the first time. The spec is:

Mac 17-inch 1.83GHz Intel Core Duo

ATI Radeon X1600 with 128MB SDRAM

2GB 667 DDR2 SDRAM - 2x1GB

160GB Serial ATA drive

SuperDrive 8x (DVD+R DL/DVD+RW/CD-RW)

It has an Apple keyboard, Apple remote and a Logitech wireless mouse as the Apple mouse eventually gave up. It loos like this.. Also includes 'The Missing Manual' to get you started.

If you are unsure about switching from a pc, this is a low-cost way of testing the water 😬

I do not have the packaging so collection from Iver in South Bucks only.

£325

Yellow flares and a X-flow - who said the 70's are over?

Edited by - MarkyMarc on 29 Mar 2009 20:39:38

• Area Representative

Hi Mark,

Have been running a Macbook and get on with it much better than a PC, a numpty when it comes to specs etc. so could I contact you to discuss?

Many thanks, Paul

And I have gone for...another Mac!

This time its a 24" which is huge - I have to sit about ten feet away 😬 😬 😬

Paul, I am no expert, but blatmail me and I will see if I can help.

Marc

Ive just got a 20 inch iMac. Its replacing my iMAc DV which I got in 2000 for my 21st. Now its my 30th, Ive got a new one!! My main arguement for Macs over PC is there seemingly much longer useful life. Until Friday, I was using my old iMac for normal day to day life. The only reasons its finally been replaced is that the old iMac simply isnt powerful enough to cope with modern DSLR images and newer internet technologies such as iPlayer.

Very interesting Mark. I am about to upgrade my snowberry white iMac (upgraded with 10.4.11) and the very latest fast Intel machines are great and capable of videos/games etc. The best deal/spec is the 24" model but I could upgrade the 20" to the same spec (and for almost the same cost!). As this would sit on my desk within arms reach I thought the 24" would be like sitting in the front row at the cinema! Thought I would network this with my existing Mac and teach SWMBO computer skills; after all should I fall off my twig how will she ever be able to look at all those digital images we have colllected 😬

Edited by - brunel on 31 Mar 2009 13:53:43

Gents,

Thanks for all the interest. Now sold and the buyer is due to collect tomorrow.

It seems somehow appropriate that sorts of folk who love 7's also appreciate Macs 😶‍🌫️

Marc