Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Goodwood info

magister

I hope to drive down to Goodwood on Friday evening before the Saturday sprint. What is the situation with leaving cars/trailers at the circuit overnight - recent posts about car/trailer thefts ☹️mean that the prospect of parking up at a local hotel is less attractive than it was. Would the circuit be any more secure?

Any other secure car/trailer storage available in the area?

Thanks

PaulB

Paul,

I believe the circuit is locked up overnight and cars have definately been left there overnight in the past. The circuit is part of the airfield which has quite a lot of equipment (planes) left out, however you cannot be too careful these days 🙅🏻‍♂️ Might be worth ringing the circuit direct on 01243 755060 to see what they suggest. *wavey*

Chris

If only everything in life was as simple as a 7!!

Paul

The circuit is probably safer than a hotel car park however, you will be leaving it at your own risk. I insure my trailer which requires me to fit to two security devices and I use the following:

Wheel lock - fixed bar prevents trailer wheel from revolving (available from Brian James Trailers) and;

Bulldog Hitch lock - Totally encloses hitch head and fixings when fitted. High security drill and pick resistant lock.

Both are approved by insurance companies.

Mark D

Comp Sec *cool*

• 3 weeks later...

An update - may be of use to someone.

Have had an email back from the circuit

Circuit is locked up at about 6.30pm and there are no facilities for camping overnight at the circuit itself.

They suggested Lakeside Camping/Caravan park.

PaulB