Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Reel to reel tape recorder

paul jacobs

I've got a couple of old sentimental reel to reel tapes which I would like to listen to again, but don't have an old tape recorder, does anybody have one in working order which they would like to sell please.

Paul J.

My CSR now back with it's new and remapped Omex ECU - Hooray no more kangarooing :-))

Paul

I had a similar problem having something like a coupla hundred DCC tapes[remember them *biggrin*] which I needed to transfer to CD.

I asked around and eventually came to the conclusion that ebay was the place to buy one. Which I did, just make sure that the machine works before you part with your cash. So I suggest checking ebay till you see one for sale within a reasonable driving distance and ask selller if you can pay Cash on collection if you win the auction *biggrin* *biggrin*

Most sellers who have a working machine won't mind this, however if seller makes excuses [work etc] then I'd pass and keep looking, there's plenty for sale at whatever price you want to pay *thumbup*

Mal

• Area Representative

Paul

How about contacting the local theatre (Brewery) or the local am-drams? I would imagine some of them may still have (or even use) reel to reels.

I don't suppose The Brewery uses a reel to reel, it may have a Revox in a cupboard.

Stephen

Democratic dissent is not disloyalty, it is a positive civic duty.

I found two in my Grandad's loft collecting dust, not sure if I want to get rid of them though, they are rather cool...

Anyhow, how about going to a vintage HiFi swapmeet type thing, or knocking on old peoples' doors? 😬

John

Bugsy: '82 2cv6 (Back on the road!!! 😬)

Talloulah: '08 1.6K Classic (Grubby )

I'm not sure they do vintage hifi swapmeets down my way John, maybe knocking on doors could be a bit time consuming and maybe even a little suspicious these days. I thought with all the old people on here, I may have had more luck 😬

Paul J.

My CSR now back with it's new and remapped Omex ECU - Hooray no more kangarooing and 268.6 bhp / 204lb-ft :-))