Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Quickshift Gearlever

fergusd

Indeed, just found your comments on another thread . . . it's the spherical bearing, just degreased the whole lever and stripped it, about 0.5mm play in it, pitted to death and by the looks of things the cause of the problem, I'll call Quaife and get a replacement part . . . cannot find a cross reference for the part online anywhere . . .

Fd

Interestingly I got a replacement bearing from Quaife today and it's not identical to the last one meaning the circlip that retains it will not fit by a fifth of a mil, suspect they have more than one revision of this part, I did wonder when on the phone to them if they really knew it was the correct part as the part number didn't match . . . so . . . replacement parts whilst available may not be what you need . . . I've sourced an identical replacement to the part that I removed by part number via http://www.autosport-bearings.co.uk/ for about the same as the Quaife part . . . it was an ASAHI JBS14 in case anybody else needs one, this is from a 2001 vintage car, whether the gear lever is the original part I don't know but it very well could be given the wear.

I did grind down the old snap ring to solve this but it's not ideal and for the cost of solving this properly I've just ordered the correct part

Fd