Click here if you are having website access problems ×

4-2-1 or 4-1

Adam

No packing in it? Are you sure Hoopy? Speak up, I'm deafened by your exhaust.

I'd say it hasn't had any packing in it for at least 3 years. teeth.gif

Adam, as discussed I'll consider selling mine but not until the winter (after beginning of Dec, when MoT is due).

Worcs L7 club joint AO

Membership No.id=red> 4379id=blue>

There seems to be 2 types of these Hoopster. One, Mick's, has the collector positioned very close to the body (my pref) whereas Roy's seems to position is further away, probably so as to present a slightly straighter run for the gases.

Any idea which one you have and whether they offer each version? I'm just thinking about next year's upgradesteeth.gif

Worcs L7 club joint AO

Membership No.id=red> 4379id=blue>

Nig - I had EBD make my 4-2-1 with the collector distanced well from the bodywork. Nothing to do with getting a straight run for the gases (you've got to make them turn the corner anyway), but 2 good reasons for doing this:

1) Making the primaries come away from the body before turning them aft means they don't run back so far for a given primary length - this gives room for longer secondaries and/or a longer silencer can.

2) Because it's a dead straight run from the primaries back to the can I can play with the 4-2-1 configuration (1/4 & 2/3 joined, conventional, or 1/2 & 3/4 joined, unconventional) just by undoing the clamps & turning the collector around - something else to play with at the rollers!

3) (Yes I know I said 2..). For noise-sensitive venues I can junk the 4-2 collector and fit a 4-1 with a super-long exhaust can.

Mike

Interesting points, although I []ithought that I prefered the aesthetics of Mick's, I did think that both yours (Mike) and Rob M's at MIRA looked the dog's danglies.

I'm not going to be able to afford one until at least next year so I'll go away and dream about the lottery again.

D'you know I wrote a wish list for V7 and reckon I'd need about 30 grand to realise it..!!! Might as well give up now and order that 575 Maranello.

Worcs L7 club joint AO

Membership No.id=red> 4379id=green>

Azure Blue SLR No. 0077id=blue>