Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Blue Book

Mcalvert

• Leadership Team

Does anyone know if there is a regulation in the blue book about tyres exceeding the width covered by the front wings? I am struggling to find time to get my wingstays shortened before Goodwood and would rather not fit my new wider wings until this has been done...

Am struggling to find any reference to this in the B.B.

Thanks - Michael

Edited by - mcalvert on 11 May 2009 21:53:02

Michael

I think they're supposed to cover them but I ran with 215's and the standard wings at Shelsley last year without a problem. I'll mail you a picture.

You've still got plenty of time to get it done before Goodwood, my car is still a week or so away from running let alone moving.

Adrian

Michael,

I feel purely out of a sense of responsability and fairness that, in the event of you finishing above me in class 3 I would have no other option but to bring this matter to the scrutineers attention for clarification. 😳

😬 😬 good luck

SUPERLIGHT 176. PINK LIPS AND BITS *redface* *redface* *redface*

Hi Michael,

I would have thought that this is covered in the construction and use regs that are complied with for road use, we are in road going classes.

Having seen Adrians and Martin Sargeant's 215s under standard wings I think it would be a harsh scrutineer that would fail you.

However, I will be on my 175 fronts at Goodwood and will have the spare pair with me should you need to fit them at any time.

See you there. *thumbup*