Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

Top wishbones - handed, telling the difference

Jon Crofts

Took my bones in to be shot blasted & powder coated last week, clearly labelled the RH top bone, blasters apprentice removed said label & now the pairs sides are unknown to me or the blaster/coater.

So firstly is this a big issue as the bones are handed according to the build manual?

If so how do I tell left bone from right bone? Are there some subtle differences?

Many thanks.

Jon

Aztec Orange R300 Superlight

if you lay the bushes inline you will see that the wishbone upper rear leg has a forward slant on it . This I imagine reflects the castor in the lower wishbone.

if you put them on incorrectly the wishbone will slant rearwards .

if you follow - not very well explained *rolleyes* *wink*

here is C7 TOP

Taffia joint AO with Al

Dave even with you comments noted, it is still possible to have them slanting the correct way, and fit them to either side (I think *confused*) because they can be fitted either way up.

Having just checked my build manual, there is no indication that they are handed in the De-Dion suspension assembly instructions.

PaulB

Edited by - magister on 24 Mar 2009 17:15:17

My build manual Issue 1, Section 3, Page 2, Para 7.

The upper wishbones are handed and are assembled with the longer leg facing the front of the car.

I'm going to Dartford Friday, I'll take the pair & see if a boffin can identify for me!

Aztec Orange R300 Superlight