Click here if you are having website access problems ×

First drive this year

Clawhammer

• Support Team

Nice one Robin.

I had hoped to get mine going today as well. Unfortunately I got the dreaded K click *cry*. I had a spare relay lying around so have bypassed the MFRU. The car turns over now but the battery wasn't exactly full of beans so I will have to wait until tomorrow to get the engine running ☹️. To rub salt in the wounds, Michael turned up in H5URF.

I've still got to rivet the floor back on (guess I ate too many pies last year *rolleyes*). Where can you get appropriate steel rivets from?

I need to get the car running for Llandow in a couple of weeks time.

See you at Goodwood.

Yellow SL *cool* #32 - member of Drowned Rat Racing

• Leadership Team

H5 URF Here! Car has now been set up on the rolling road, so can use all the beans again after the engine refresh. 152.1bhp are looking forward to Goodwood *cool*

Shaun - hope yours starts tomorrow OK!

Michael.

• Support Team

Robin - thanks for the link - any idea what length would be best for the floor? 12mm or 14mm?

Michael - that sounds like a nice healthy number.

Malcolm - sounds like you had the same sort of day as I did - hope it goes right from now on.

Hopefully mine will start tomorrow.

Weather good hear this morning, we are off to DFS this morning, sofa hunting *eek*

I did suggest the seven along the clifftops to Poole. Viv didn't fancy it, something about no seat and petty strut

Women!!........no sence of adventure 😬

SUPERLIGHT 176. PINK LIPS AND BITS *redface* *redface* *redface*

• Support Team

Had my first drive of the year this afternoon. 😬 *cool* *thumbup*

Non-starting was due to the main power feed to the engine loom (the purple wire) disconnecting itself. Having stripped back the cable sheath I found the offending (dis-)connection and fixed it.

Went for a short blat to make sure nothing fell off and, apart from an injector connection coming loose, everything remained attached to the car. *thumbup*

Proper shakedown next weekend at Llandow and hopefully will be ready for Goodwood.