Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Myford Super 7 Lathe with all tooling...

Peter T

I have decided to upgrade to a larger lathe so have decided to part with my fantastic machine. This really is a complete workshop set up for anybody who wants to learn lathe/ milling work.

The lathe is fitted with a gearbox and a Newton Tesla variable drive 240 volt motor, comes with huge amount of Genuine Myford accesssories and tools, far to much to list here. Viewing welcome. Will collate list a bit later for those who want the complete list. Have pictures.

£2250.

Here

Edited by - Peter T on 13 Mar 2009 13:07:16

*arrowup*Normally they are not worth that much (you are in to Harrison M300 territory )

BUT

the condition of this one looks glorious and all those extras would add significantly to the price. Bed size and ease of use combined with reliability make this rather a good deal for thye home workshop.

Have a BTTT on me *smile* *thumbup* *wavey*

Dave Ardley. White Xflow with Clams

The Bearded Clams

King Clam Of Clam Hill!

Photos here

Thanks Wile 7, you are correct. There are many a cr*p myfords out there and mine has been sourced to be correct. The bed is supperior in terms of wear and is way above the the stuff that some people sell. Mine has been stripped and checked and is all correct in wear factors. Tailstock and gear wear is perfect and performs correctly.

You really should buy on something that is good rather than bad and spend an enormous amount of money rectifying a bad lathe. *thumbup* Good Myfords do hold their money if kept well. *thumbup*

Nice lathe for a modeller - too small for car work IMO

That’s not really true especially if you are talking about a Caterham. There’s nothing I have no been able to make/do on my Myford Super7 for my Caterham build, in fact I had the front prop shaft sitting in it last week to bore the centre to fit a spherical bearing in.

If you want a quiet quality lathe that’s not the size of a house then a Myford S7 is the way to go. With all the tooling and assuming the bed is as good as it looks then Peter T's lathes does offer value-for-money.

Jason