Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Cars that slipped through your fingers

Whilst going down memory lane.......

Staying the night at a hotel near Gatwick before flying out to Canada for a three week holiday (circa 87/88) reading a new copy of exchange and mart (I was sad back then) advert for a car for restoration, Triumph Spitfire, ADU registration, bag tank, teardrop hardtop very cheap.

I contemplated cancelling holiday and going and buying it - the only time I nearly bought a LeMans racer and I missed it. If I hadn't been going away that car would still be in the garage now *cry*

Dicks

*smile*

My firts car was a 1964 mini - new. But I was going to buy Hortense a rather famous MG TC for £100. An uncle talked me out of it by saying "what do you want an old banger like that when you can pull the birds in a new car"

First big mistake. many were to follow.

Norman Verona, 1989 BDR 220bhp, Reg: B16BDR, Mem No 2166, the full story here

You and your seven toThe French Blatting Company Limited

When my father returned from working in Germany in the early 1980s he donated his old Renault 16 that he had bought as a run about to his grateful poor carless son. When buying the R16, he was offered a Porsche 914 which I would have inherited. *rolleyes* OK it's not the best Porker but I would have been a young single lad in my 20s in London with a Porsche. Difficult though it would have been to have had a better love life (ahem *nono* *rolleyes*), I can''t help thinking how things might have been...

Peter

In Memoriam DMG