Click here if you are having website access problems ×

B list Italian beauties

After GTD's Alfa GTV postings about his lovely car and my link to the Zagato bodied one I give you one of the best looking cars :-

here

The italian 'b' list sporting cars I think were the most beautiful cars made. They had a delicacy and style that hasn't been repeated. Any Alfa coupe/convertible from 58 to late 70's was stunning, the Maserati above is one of my favourite all time lookers (the bora was ruined by a much heavier back end with the filled in bay). The very first X19's were a masterpiece if you take time to really look at them, then there is the more obscure stuff like Bizarinies

Dicks

*wavey*

By the way alfa TZ 🥰 🥰 🥰 🥰

Maser A6GCS with Ghibli in the background here

Dicks, is that really 50's? It looks relatively modern and I had it down as a 60's car.

Edited by - RoyH on 10 Mar 2009 21:02:56

Edited by - RoyH on 10 Mar 2009 22:01:11

*arrowup* Linky no worky *cry*

Yes Strongy's is a Zagato jobby, Alfa GTV6 floorpan with the best sounding v6 ever made, best in red - they made some in yellow as well.

The 101 Guila spider is a very late 50's design made into the 60's before being replaced by the GTV coupe/Graduate Spider as owned by GTD (and my mum in 1300 Junior form).

I just love Alfas from the 60's - shameless TZ here

my father owner one of these here which had the great 2 litre twin cam alloy engine on webers kicking 150ps, looked **** sounded great went better than any allegro/marina dross being built at the time.

I could buy so many Alfas and Lotus from the 60's and 70's its untrue 🥰

Dicks

That price seems pricey for a Merak - it's into Bora territory *confused*

For me the car of the period was the Monteverdi Hai 🥰 *smokin* (OK, so its not totally Italian... *tongue*)

Coming back down to earth I still think the early alfa GTV is gorgeous *thumbup*

Dave Ardley. White Xflow with Clams

The Bearded Clams

King Clam Of Clam Hill!

Photos here

I ran a 1300 GT Junior for a while in the 70's. One of the best cars I've ever driven - once you learnt that you had to have it flat out for it to become part of you.

I was going to get one when I bought the Elan but potential rust problems put me off. (living within sight of 5 resovoirs in the Peak District didn't help)

Norman Verona, 1989 BDR 220bhp, Reg: B16BDR, Mem No 2166, the full story here

You and your seven toThe French Blatting Company Limited