Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Roll cage dash plates

Fishy Dave

Hope this makes sense, I'm after the two triangular plates which go behind the dash to mount an older style Roadsport cage. If you also have the fixing bolts then so much the better.

Thanks, Dave

David Smitheram, Wiltshire (South) AR, 07718 368173.

1400 supersport ex racer

• 3 weeks later...

Less than two weeks away from my first race now, I would still really like to find these - help! As an alternative if someone has a couple I can borrow and use as templates to have more made?

David Smitheram, Wiltshire (South) AR, 07718 368173.

1400 supersport ex racer

Edited by - Fishy Dave on 31 Mar 2009 16:13:39

Dave,

I have a similar cage fitted to my 95 car but I didn't need the plates as the chassis has the triangular plate welded into place. I would have thought that all you need is a piece of steel or even 2.5 - 3mm ali that matches the plates on the cage. So long as they fit behind the dash 'legs' that's all that's needed to spread the load. Presumably you have the long bolts that go through the deDion petty strut mounts on each side that would take the majority of the load in the event of an accident.

I used six M5 caphead screws with a plain washer both sides and a nyloc nut to fix the dash plates. The bolts would need to be long enough to go through the flange, dash, new plate and nut.

A local engineering firm will be able to make the plates up for you if you don't have the facilities yourself.

You might do better if you posted on Techtalk as I suspect it gets more hits.

Best of luck

Paul

I am in the same position as you, having purchased a cage off blatchat 2 weeks ago. I picked up my bolt pack today from caterham (albeit 4 missing). They do not stock the plates and i therefore rang safety devices (cage is roadsport with singular diagonal rear bar).

Safety devices no longer stock these either. They have asked me to give them a serial number off the cage which will dictate the exact model. They recommended they send me a template and that i get the plates fabricated myself.

Not helpful as cage is being fitted on Monday at Freestyle.....just hoping Gary can come up with somthing or i can get them made in the meantime.

Good luck as well *thumbup*

rgds

Lloyd