Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

CC Dry Sump Pump & Tensioner Fitting

Throbin

Help!!

I have just bought a CC Dry sump kit for my K Series and am already puzzled! I have some instructions from 2001 but i think the kit may have changes slightly. I have a spring loaded tensioner with the wheel already fitted but the kit also comes with a flanged pulley (part # 75664) - should i swop the pulley and if so how - the plastic pulley has a bearing which seems to be fixed to it whereas the flanged pulley has no bearing.

Secondly - which bolts should be used to fix the tensioner to the cradle? I only seem to have one that may fit.

Lastly - I have trial fitted the pump to the cradle and it would appear that spacers are required betwwn the pump and the cradle. There are 2 spaceres in the bag of bits but these seem a bit too thick.

Can anyone help me out.

Many thanks,

Robin.

There are 2 types of pulley. the metal one and this needs a bearing in the middle. Then there is a plastic one with the bearing already fixed in it. You have both but only need one. I would use the plastic one otherwise you need to go and buy a bearing. Trying to cut the bearing out of the plastic one is not a great idea as you are VERY likely to to mess the bearing up.

David

Re the plastic pulley, place it in a vice and cut from outer edge towards bearing with hack saw, repeat this on the opposite side to release the bearing .... then press the bearng into the flanged pulley. I and suspect others have done this before .... and not experienced any issues.

There are four spacers on mine, one per cradle to pump. Not ideal but you could substitute washers (glue them together to get a cylinder the right length)

Thanks guys - I'll get my hacksaw out!

There are some spacers / bushes already in the cradle but not at the right spacing. Do they move as you tighten the bolts into the pump?

Thanks again,

Robin.