Click here if you are having website access problems ×

I need a heater motor

Phil

Phil,

Years ago when I had a heater, I had the same issue, I took the motor apart, it has a plain bronze bearing in the top which gathers the water. I just cleaned it up and lubricated it with a light oil and hay presto.

Hope that helps.

Cheers

Chris

• Leadership Team

I had the same problem a number of years back. I bought a motor from Caterham for quite a lot of money. A couple of weeks later I found exactly the same for less than half the price on a stall at Stoneleigh kit car show.

The solution - remove the heater...

Michael.

Phil,

I've removed the heater from my 1990 car over the winter, as it was leaking and the car got too hot inside most of the time anyway. I was thinking of taking the old unit to the dump this afternoon but held back pending a post on here, since I thought it might be useful to someone. You're welcome to the complete unit if you want to collect it (I'm in Swindon), or I could remove the motor (which was still working when installed) and post it to you for a donation to NTL. Blatmail me and we can sort something out.

Edited by - Ralph Morgan on 8 Mar 2009 19:20:12

Ok

Thanks for the replies and the kind offers.

I have taken the heater motor and drum shape fan out of an old MR2 MK1, the drum draws air inside and then throws it out, this drum happens to be the same size as the hole above the tunnel and it will provide greater circulation to both the rads increasing the heating efficiency and ability to cool the car and occupants during the summer.

I have had to enlarge the hole for the motor to site in, the three mounting points now have motorcycle fairing captive nut fixings so I can remove the fan motor easily without having to remove or drain the heater itself. The motor and fan happen to be the exact height for the job, just the wiring to do.

FreeRange7

http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2404840560089816983khvSRw