Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Indicator repeaters for cycle wings?

SLR No.77

• Leadership Team

My MOT man tells me I need to fit the little indicator repeater lights to my cycle wings. Got the units but can't work out the best routing for the wiring. Any ideas for the best way to go about it? The cars a '95 K-series.

The wires don't seem long enough to make the connection inside the bodywork, so I assume I need to route into the rear of the indicator? Whichever way I do it it seems it will be very untidy?

Can anybody can take a photo and e-mail me?

Many thanks in anticipation,

Stu.

If you *have* to fit them - a solution I know a couple of guys have used is to use Ford Transit Van repeaters mounted on the bodywork - it's a lot neater.

Email Roy.Booth@reuters.com and he'll give you the measurements - have a look at ftp://ftp.se7ens.net/pub/pictures/cars/Roy%20Booth%20-%20W111%20FLY%20(4).jpg

I have a '94 HPC and mine passed the MOT without any repeaters!

Andrew C Winfer

Edited by - acw on 2 Sep 2000 09:00:39

Surely there is no requirement to fit these repeater indicators? I thought Caterham only introduced these to meet SVA requirements in 98?

My 97 vauxhall does not have these and will need to visit the local MOT man soon!

Good Luck

Brian

Stuart. Black earth wire from light is attached to one of the screws fixing the cycle wing onto the wingstay. Green wire is inside a plastic tube to protect and is routed along wingstay down to top wishbone and along wishbone entering hole in bodywork under wishbone bush and then connected to econoseal plug (or bullet connectors on older models). Held in place all the way with small black cable ties. Sounds like you may need to extend green wire.

Trust this assists. Can e mail photo if you wish - you have my mobile no.

Paul R.