Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

Race Boot Recommendations

Richiemouse

• Leadership Team

There's quite a number who use rock boots - now / know why mine are called "Ballet". Trouble is they cripple me when I'm climbing, and no respite when driving, but who said you need to walk to drive!

With respect to race boot choice, be mindful of the inner-sole material. I use the Sparco boots and the inner sole is a vinyl(ish) assembly - great for sweaty feet. Having since looked at other brands the OMP versions appear to have a leather footbed - possibly better? Some have a cardboard type insert.

Stu.

I use TEVA rock climbing shoes.I've never climbed a rock in my life but they have'Spider Rubber' soles and i saw them just after we'd been to see Spiderman.

I am not sad or gullible smile.gif

teeth.gif Superlight 143 teeth.gif

Thanks for all the advice. I was at a meeting yesterday (five f****** hours of meeting!!!!) so didn't manage to get a next day delivery order in but I've just been into town and found some of the Puma Sparco branded low cut jobbies. Probably paid well over the odds off the high street but at least I've got something that's "hopefully" going to be better to drive to Germany in.

Rich

Edited by - richiemouse on 4 Jul 2002 13:59:15