Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

Race Boot Recommendations

Richiemouse

Mmm, aquired my first Cat at the weekend and discovered that I don't own any footware that doesn't hamper pedal operation. Is there a favoured pixie boot for Caterham drivers? I'd want something that was also suitable for wandering around in as well, although I accept the fact that they're not designed for hiking! Preferred price range 50-70 quid.

TIA

Rich

Rich

I have taken to driving barefoot - took a bit of getting used to at first, but now I find that I get better feel, especially when heel-and-toeing, and I _never_ snag other pedals. If I wear shoes to drive the 7 now I find them awkward by comparison. Plus bare feet cost £0, are more comfortable and it's a lot cooler!

Not allowed on the track, however, AFAIK....

First Man.

GPR can take a while to deliver. If you want them fast, phone Dave Kimberley at Demon Tweeks and tell him you need them fast.

I use OMP - the cheapest ones. Seem ok although the soles are a little to thin for my liking.

Alex Wong

www.alexwong.net

www.slipstream-trackdays.co.uk

_________

/ __ __ /

___ _//__T/__/_ ___

/ (_) (_)/

/`-'/o/ _______ /o/`-'/

/ /// ( VDU7X ) // /

/___/--_________/--/___/

I use the high topped No Fear branded items - at £120 not the cheapest around, but certainly one of the most comfortable in my opinion.

Virtually non stop (except for 2 fuel stops) all the way from Paris to Chester - no sore feet, no smelly feet, no hot feet. You get the picture.

Regards,

Martin

Forget the race boots, be different and go for the suede slippers like mine and a certain other person in the 7 club!

Strange thing, I wore mine all weekend at Le Mans and nobody took the p**s once. Maybe they didn't notice or were just being kind to an old man.

Brent teeth.gif

Edited by - brent chiswick on 2 Jul 2002 22:42:34

Frankly anything you can fit your feet into that feels comfortable, i can only find that i fit into the Diadora karting boots as i have quite large feet size 12.5 (47), therefore only companies like this one go to this size!

C7 PWT X-Flow all Steel

Life begins at 40(00rpm)

Thanks everybody. So far the voting is:

Sparco Elites = 5

Momo Corsa = 3

Puma Roma = 2

Sparco Kart = 1

Diadora Kart = 1

OMP = 1

No Fear = 1

Slippers = 1

Bare Feet = 1

So at the moment it looks like the Elites, although I may pop into town tomorrow and see if I can find the Pumas just to try.

Rich