Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Another wheels question

GrahamV

I'm looking to buy a new set of 13 inch wheels for my 2000 Superlight R - can somebody give me the correct sizes and offsets. I believe the standard sizes are 7 1/2 J front and 8 1/2 J rear but I dont know the offsets. I'm tempted by the 8 spoke anthracite - i think they look great but they seem a bit expensive.....

Car will be used mainly on the road with the occasional sprint - I think I'll stay with the 185 / 60 x 13 front and 215 / 60 x 13 rear.

Any thoughts? Any things to look out for?

Thanks,

Graham

• Support Team

The Caterham 8 spokes are 6" front and 8" rear. IIRC the offset is ET24. If you go for wider wheels then that offset may not work.

The lightweight wheels are 6.5" and 8.5".

The critical dimension is the backdepth - how far the wheels extend into the car from the hub face. On the fronts this is limited by the wing stay and should be around 113mm. On the rears it should be around 140mm.

Yellow SL *cool* #32 - member of Drowned Rat Racing

Edited by - Shaun_E on 2 Mar 2009 09:47:49

Hi Shaun....

Thanks for the answer - all makes good sense. I think the confusing thing is the difference between offset and backdrop - now you have given the typical values for the backdrop then I have something to measure *thumbup*

Thanks,

G