Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Q reg bargain or waste of time

Wile7

I've been following that one. Interested to know what the independent rear suspension is though *confused*

Guys been honest with the pics etc. but I've bought these "stood for ages" cars in the past and it's never the polish and fettle job it first appears.

I'm working on the car being worth 6k in shiny running order so will be interested to see what reserve is. I'd have given 3k for it and took a risk but I'm out now.

Kenny

Mmm...stainless steel body, and independent rear suspension. *rolleyes*

Depends what the reserve is, but I recon it's a basket case, and after a total rebuild, you may as well buy a nice one for less than 10K. Especialy if it has some tubes rotted out.

I can't see the webbers ? *nono*

They appear to be missing.

As for price I bought my car in an almost identical spec. for £5,200 about 5 years ago. It also had been stored / not run for a number of years and I figured that for the price I could take the chance.

All it need was a battery and the cluch plate free from the engine. But I guess I was lucky.

Richard

Well, that's a HUGE price.

I bought my 1993 1700 Q plate 7 3 years ago with 13000 on the clock.

Problems; carbs needed good clean, new battery, definitely no rot but some surface rust on a few tubes whrer powdercoat had flaked, ali needed a really good buff, small crack in left rear wing, crack in left front.

Upside; spare gbox

Bench seats and clams not to everyone's taste, but I think it's fine.

Price: 4K. Bargain 😬 And I've done 14000 miles in 3 years too.

Alex McDonald

Loud, louder, loudest...